Thread: PHOTON. Night vision scope.

PHOTON. Night vision scope.

Hi Guys

Anyone got or used one

Any info for in the field performance, distance, clarity, battery life etc

seen the videos on you tube, any real time experience info ?

phil

Hi phill, I have one and its a great bit of kit, brilliant for bunny and foxes, straight from the factory with the onboard ir you will see rabbits easily out to 100+ yards, if you fit aftermarket ir such as nm400, x850, t20 or 501b it really transforms it. You can easily see out to 200 yard and pick up eyes a lot further. The only downside I would say is its not very good during the day but saying that it is still very usable during the day

Cheers bigboab29

just talking to a mate he has just got one, rates em and the guy I am stalking with on Sunday has just got one, going to have a look at it Sunday evening after stalking They sound really good value for the money and there's plenty been sold, sounds a good deal

cheers

phil

Sorry Phil can't comment just now as I've a friend that's been supposed to be bringing his down so I can have a look but he's never appeared ...ain't that right Boab lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hw60sniper View Post
    Sorry Phil can't comment just now as I've a friend that's been supposed to be bringing his down so I can have a look but he's never appeared ...ain't that right Boab lol
    Yes sireeeeeeeeeeee same old same old, think yer can rely on someone to do a minuscule itsy bitsy favour just to turn up with a scope for you to see, job to find a decent mate these days

Hahahaha hopefully get down 2014 sometime!!!!lol

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Yes sireeeeeeeeeeee same old same old, think yer can rely on someone to do a minuscule itsy bitsy favour just to turn up with a scope for you to see, job to find a decent mate these days
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Hahahaha hopefully get down 2014 sometime!!!!lol
    I'll let u of this time Boab ill wait till its on ure 204 wen it comes . Its murder Philip every time we arrange something something else always comes up , although we did manage 1 stalk last year that nothing interfered with lol

Suspect these are set to become a very controversial deer stalking item....at 400 they allow any stalker the ability to shoot accurately and easily through and beyond the pre-dawn/post dusk hour of deer act. Shot a stag last week with 100% confidence that I would not have shot lightwise with a conventional scope, on the edge of dusk.... high seat deer shooting/fixed ambushing marauding deer is going to be transformed.......guess some have been using nv for a job for years but this affordable option is set to cause big waves.

I had mine out last night for a few hours. The image quality is poor with just ambient light, grainy with the inboard IR but really very good with the NM400 on. I think these offer exceptional value for money and open up NV to the masses. Ideally a handheld spotter would be useful and I'm sure a small thermal imager combined with an NV scope would be a perfect addition.

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    I had mine out last night for a few hours. The image quality is poor with just ambient light, grainy with the inboard IR but really very good with the NM400 on. I think these offer exceptional value for money and open up NV to the masses. Ideally a handheld spotter would be useful and I'm sure a small thermal imager combined with an NV scope would be a perfect addition.
    +1
    got nitemaster 800 on mine can see way past 200yds with it! took a fox out with it around 170yds last weekend. great starting point me thinks... or at least thats the way i'm looking at it... if your out a few times a week i can see the reason for splashing out on something a bit more expensive.. but if your like me & out when you can.. its perfect. seen some people posting that you can put something on it to increase the mag too! wouldn't mind looking into that myself...
    great for the money!