Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can this be?

How can this be?

Leading on from my last post on Thursday

"Goodbye best friend"

After loosing Zeus at 7 1/2 years old on Thursday to a tumour that nobody ever knew was there and it all happened so sudden (18 hours from first sign that something wasn't right).

That same night my 6 year old weimaraner bitch started struggling to breath and was coughing up fluid from her lungs. I know she has a leaky heart valve and she nearly died a year ago with pericardium effusion which she needed an emergency operation.
    Well I spent the night at emergency vets with her, as I just couldn't take the chance. The vet drained fluid from her lungs and abdomen and tried to control her heart rate.
    She is now at Liverpool veterinary hospital until at least Monday, her heart valve has deteriorated and they are trying to control it with medication. We may get another 6 months from her if all goes well. Got up this morning to a house that just doesn't feel right, not just one dog missing but both of them.
    Martin
    unless you can prove it beyond all reasonable doubt, it wasn't me. If you can prove it then you must be mistaken

bloody hell Martin, that's a sucker punch!!!

Sean said you were at the vets with Zeus on Thursday and your trip up to Dumfries was looking doubtful.... I didn't realize it was so bad.
    You must be climbing the walls with worry. I feel for you mate.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Leading on from my last post on Thursday

"Goodbye best friend"

After loosing Zeus at 7 1/2 years old on Thursday to a tumour that nobody ever knew was there and it all happened so sudden (18 hours from first sign that something wasn't right).

That same night my 6 year old weimaraner bitch started struggling to breath and was coughing up fluid from her lungs. I know she has a leaky heart valve and she nearly died a year ago with pericardium effusion which she needed an emergency operation.
    Well I spent the night at emergency vets with her, as I just couldn't take the chance. The vet drained fluid from her lungs and abdomen and tried to control her heart rate.
    She is now at Liverpool veterinary hospital until at least Monday, her heart valve has deteriorated and they are trying to control it with medication. We may get another 6 months from her if all goes well. Got up this morning to a house that just doesn't feel right, not just one dog missing but both of them.
    Martin
    Never heard of such a case of salt in the wound. It must be dreadful. I'm thinking of you, no consolation but all the same....

In times like these, words alone seem so inadequate.

Just to say my thoughts are with you for Zeus, and the best of luck for your little girl, I hope she pulls through.

So sorry to hear this sad news wingy, just when you think things cannot possible get any worse, they do, life appears very unfair at times.

Be thinking of you mate.

Hells bells that's a bad run.....I thought I was having a crap start to 2014!
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

You are having a bad time of it, hope things take a turn for the better
    Are they out of the same litter
    Best of Luck
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunting View Post
    You are having a bad time of it, hope things take a turn for the better
    Are they out of the same litter
    Best of Luck
    No the dog was 7 1/2 years old the bitch is 6 years old they are of similar breed lines back at 4th generation

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    bloody hell Martin, that's a sucker punch!!!

Sean said you were at the vets with Zeus on Thursday and your trip up to Dumfries was looking doubtful.... I didn't realize it was so bad.
    You must be climbing the walls with worry. I feel for you mate.
    Sorry to hear your bad news martin fingers cross all works out well in the end .Dave

Bloody hell Martin you must be beside yourself.sounds like she couldn't be at a better place. I just hope everything works out ok