Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: pillar bedding tikka t3 + rimfire magic for the 17

  1. #1

    pillar bedding tikka t3 + rimfire magic for the 17

    hello there, I have just braught a new laminate stock for the t3 and want to get it pillar bedded and glass bedded, so where can I get the pillars?

    and also I have a cz 17 hmr, with the quality hammer matic trigger with floating trigger pull between 2oz and 100000oz... so ive been looking at the rimfire magic kits.... but what are they like?

    cheers charlie

  2. #2
    I used the Rimfire Magic setup on my CZ .17HMR but still found the trigger creep excessive.

    It has been replaced with a RifleBasix trigger which is much better - in my opinion!

    If you would like the unused parts of my RFM kit, please let me know.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 6.5x55 View Post
    hello there, I have just braught a new laminate stock for the t3 and want to get it pillar bedded and glass bedded, so where can I get the pillars?

    and also I have a cz 17 hmr, with the quality hammer matic trigger with floating trigger pull between 2oz and 100000oz... so ive been looking at the rimfire magic kits.... but what are they like?

    cheers charlie
    I'm sure you know what your up to but just to reiterate my findings from the past, does it shoot tight already? if so why touch it?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by aliS View Post
    I'm sure you know what your up to but just to reiterate my findings from the past, does it shoot tight already? if so why touch it?
    well it shoots 1.5" at 100 yards.... did shoot <.5" but its may fault....long story but major lesson lernt..... do not fu*k about with things what don't need it....
    so because of that I needed a new stock or spend money on it and try get it sorted....

    so my thinking was once the new stock turns up before I put it on and try zeroing it, just get it pillar bedded and glass bedded... then start a fresh....

  5. #5
    6.5,
    The gunsmith you choose to do the bedding will usual manufacture the pillars to suit your rifle themselves, if you intend doing the job yourself then the same applies however, universal pillars are available from Brownells and Midway as well as online from other suppliers.

    Ian.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    6.5,
    The gunsmith you choose to do the bedding will usual manufacture the pillars to suit your rifle themselves, if you intend doing the job yourself then the same applies however, universal pillars are available from Brownells and Midway as well as online from other suppliers.

    Ian.
    well id like to do it my self but don't know whether id be better getting a gunsmith to do it, I don't know how difficult the job is.... if I could find someone near the Scottish borders what knew what they was doing it would be handy....

    charlie

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 6.5x55 View Post
    well id like to do it my self but don't know whether id be better getting a gunsmith to do it, I don't know how difficult the job is.... if I could find someone near the Scottish borders what knew what they was doing it would be handy....

    charlie
    If your home improvement DIY level is skilled then a bedding job should be well within your ability, the actaul bedding is not a problem its the preperation of the stock to recieve the bedding that can be difficult to execute
    I use a milling machine to relieve the stock around the action and bore out the action screw area.
    I reccommend you watch as much youtube on rifle bedding as you can and then make a decision.

    Ian.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    If your home improvement DIY level is skilled then a bedding job should be well within your ability, the actaul bedding is not a problem its the preperation of the stock to recieve the bedding that can be difficult to execute
    I use a milling machine to relieve the stock around the action and bore out the action screw area.
    I reccommend you watch as much youtube on rifle bedding as you can and then make a decision.

    Ian.

    my DIY stretches to making a tunnel trap, or a funnel cage what never end up square.....

    I think I may head over to the gun shop.....

    also would jb weld be ok for bedding? or do you know of a better bedding compound?

    charlie

  9. #9
    Try third eye tactical they do them but had none before Christmas when I called in ask to speak to Craig or Mark think they are under a tenner hope this helps

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 6.5x55 View Post

    also would jb weld be ok for bedding? or do you know of a better bedding compound?

    charlie
    JB weld is fine, thats what i use, i use it because it is a little more runny then Devcon or marine tex but you need to take a bit more care in its use.

    Ian.

Similar Threads

  1. Pillar bedding a synthetic stock
    By Tackleberry270 in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 09:56
  2. poi shift and pillar bedding
    By marky123 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-07-2012, 18:15
  3. Working out pillar length for bedding
    By pete evans in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-06-2012, 11:47
  4. Tikka t3 Pillar Bedding
    By Triggermortis in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 17-06-2012, 13:21
  5. Pillar bedding kit's
    By Big Stu in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 15:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •