Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: harkila boots

harkila boots

hi does anyone have any experience of harkila boots, what would you recommend. I like the look of the Kevlar ones. any feedback appreciated. thanks

A mate of mine bought the Kevlar ones from John Norris last year, wore them once, they leaked, he sent them back, had another pair, wore them once they leaked too, sent them back and had his money back.

don,t sound to hot then, already got a pair of leaky irish setter boots

I've only got good things to say about my Harkilas I had the older style Kevlar boots they were comfy and were dry but the eyelets started to pull out and the rubber sole started to come away. I contacted Harkila's UK importer about it and got a brand new pair sent out. These are the newer style Kevlar ones, I found them comfy out of the box, there dry and light they do the job. My only regret going down the Kevlar route is that they don't look as good / smart as a leather pair on a driven day.

I bought a pair about 15 months ago - in a sale - they are worn every day in all conditions as I'm not too fond of wellies. As a farmer they have suffered a fair bit of abuse and neglect and its only now the sole has decided to part company with the uppers. Too much kicking walls to get dubs off! A quick clean and an application of super glue has worked wonders. In comparison, previous footwear barely lasts a year with me and all have failed to repair. Must admit I'm not sure what to replace them with when the time comes.

hope this is of help
    Andy

I have always been a fan of Irish Setters but last Scone game fair I got a pair of harkilas l have no problem with them except the laces don't last long the lacing eyes seem to cut laces quickly unless its just that I wear them a lot! at least 3 days a week

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    I have always been a fan of Irish Setters but last Scone game fair I got a pair of harkilas l have no problem with them except the laces don't last long the lacing eyes seem to cut laces quickly unless its just that I wear them a lot! at least 3 days a week
    I was always a fan of irish setters but my current pair are letting in like a sieve, only had them 9 months and always were well looked after, the company only stand over them for 6 months, needless to say I will never have another pair

scudd my last pair of setters did not last well that's why I tried Harkilas plus they cost less on offer at scone

Anyone tried the harkilas with the boas lace system? was thinking about buying!

been thinking about these, they look very like the churuca boots, I know a few lads who had problems with the wire breaking