Thread: Torque setting for sako optilock rings

Torque setting for sako optilock rings

Hi can any one give me the correct torque settings for sako optilock rings and the base screw please.

15 in-lbs rings and 35 in-lbs for two base screw's i have a torque if you need it feller easy to overdo the rings and bolts are soft got rings if you damage em mty on shelf

Quote Originally Posted by Paul tha693
    15 in-lbs rings and 35 in-lbs for two base screw's i have a torque if you need it feller easy to overdo the rings and bolts are soft got rings if you damage em mty on shelf
    Cheers paul. Thanks for the offer but ive got a torque screwdriver.

I don't think there is a torque setting DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN !! (any aluminum alloy ring, or anything for that matter, will strip or distort if over torqued It is very very common for people to over tighten rings and bases tighten each a little bit at a time so they clamp down evenly an allen wrench tightened CAREFULLY and pressured from the end of the long side until it flexes slightly is very close to perfect for each screw after getting them EVENLY snug

no worrys feller i got the settings from customer services at berreta USA some years ago for the sako 85

Quote Originally Posted by crouch valley View Post
    Cheers paul. Thanks for the offer but ive got a torque screwdriver.

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    no worrys feller i got the settings from customer services at berreta USA some years ago for the sako 85
    You would think that they would put that info on one of the Meany web sites that they have . thanks paul think I will check mine

From the optilok guide on euro optiks;

Optilock scope ring cap screws should be torqued to 15-17 in/lbs, the Optilock base to scope ring

stud screw and the base to dovetail clamp screw should be torqued to 45 in/lbs.