Thread: deer numbers

deer numbers

Just a general enquiry.I may have the chance of a small acreage,170 around bishops castle,shropshire.Blakeridge wood and various,other woods surrounding this permission.
    Farmer reports seeing a roebuck at a sheep feeder over a year ago.
    Does any one have knowledge of deer numbers sightings etc,
    Regards Tony.

Tony, have you looked yourself, slot prints signs of fraying browsing etc yet ? It's the only real way to confirm what you may have on the ground short of seeing them with a mark 1 eyeball.

tone i hope it comes off for you mate, you deserve it.

+1 with prometheus the only accurate way to tell really is see them or visually check for slots/tracks etc etc, or invite me over and ill check for you lol lol

i will get around your parts one of these days to look at your jeep m8

Quote Originally Posted by tony rentokil View Post
    Just a general enquiry.I may have the chance of a small acreage,170 around bishops castle,shropshire.Blakeridge wood and various,other woods surrounding this permission.
    Farmer reports seeing a roebuck at a sheep feeder over a year ago.
    Does any one have knowledge of deer numbers sightings etc,
    Regards Tony.

seem to remember you considering packing up stalking due to lack of permissions,when i was in that position i just took whatever was going.......and only you can assess the amount of deer against the cost of permission.....

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Tony, have you looked yourself, slot prints signs of fraying browsing etc yet ? It's the only real way to confirm what you may have on the ground short of seeing them with a mark 1 eyeball.
    Fully agree no point taking someone's word for it. Specially if your paying. Recon it yourself.

Tony as the lads are saying get yourself onto the land dawn or dusk and see what's about
    Atb tom

Down to some footwork Tony ..good luck mate

The one time in stalking where a lamp comes in very useful. Get out on the ground early morning or late evening and have a shine. Should help you work out how many you have about.

Deffinately Deer starting to move into the area. There are a few members on here that live in BC who might know the area a bit better. Deffinately worth a look around.

Ezzy

Thanks Richard,dont forget we,will hopefully be down yours,April 1st,hope you are both keeping well,and looking forward to meeting up again.
    Regards Tony.