Thread: Got this through on change.org email

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries

Got this through on change.org email

Indian prison hell of Scots pirate hunter - Scotland / News & Views / The Sunday Post

As always, it's hard to know the exact situation, but with friends of mine considering doing similar work you'd hope someone would be looking out for these chaps.

From what I have read previously about the company that this guy was working for they were effectively setting up their own small private navy and not simply operating as armed guards on merchant vessels. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Seaman_Guard_Ohio The company has encountered difficulties with a number of countries and I believe that although registered in the U.S. there is actually some British involvement with the ownership or management of the company.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    If this is the case, then to an extent you can understand the stance of the Indian navy/coastguard however correct treatment of those arrested should 've expected. The company involved needs to take responsibility and look after their employees. I would hope lads leaving the services are getting proper advice as to what to do and where the line I'd being drawn on this piracy protection

As bad as the treatment is Joe they are probably not being treated any different to all other prisoners in that country. It's a bit of a chancy business working for companies like this who operate in an area of questionable legality.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    As bad as the treatment is Joe they are probably not being treated any different to all other prisoners in that country. It's a bit of a chancy business working for companies like this who operate in an area of questionable legality.
    Would have to agree it's certainly not a job without risks, however you have to feel for them.