Thread: Old .22 rifles

Old .22 rifles

Afternoon all,

Just on the off chance I am after the following rifles for my own collection,

Winchester pump action rifles
    lever action rifles
    falling block rifles
    rook rifles

really any old .22 rifles, send me a pm with details of any you wish to sell or trade for anything I have forsale.

regards chris

I have a BSA No.1 in Morris tube calibre , is . 297/230 , a CF round which has 5gr blackpowder -- well obsolete , never seen a round in the flesh just photos

Last edited by waterford103; 13-01-2014 at 16:19.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler 1933

all pms replied to

Quote Originally Posted by waterford103 View Post
    I have a BSA No.1 in Morris tube calibre , is . 275 , a CF round which has 5gr blackpowder -- well obsolete , never seen a round in the flesh just photos

I shoot a 297/230 Morris rook rifle, a bit of a pain to make the cases but great fun to shoot

What case do you use or is it made from scratch.

I use .22 Hornet cases, the rim has to be thinned down from the front edge otherwise they wont fit in my gun. The cases are formed using a die I made out of a bolt, which has a hole in it and chamfered to form the shoulder. The only trouble is because the cases are so short the case is a bit thicker the nearer you get to the base, hence harder to form. Its nice to get the old girl working again, especially as it probably has not been shot for at least 60 years

Chris, I have an FN Trombone and a New Haven built Winchester 9422. Sadly I'm not sure you'll want to foot the shipping costs

Quote Originally Posted by scrumbag View Post
    Chris, I have an FN Trombone and a New Haven built Winchester 9422. Sadly I'm not sure you'll want to foot the shipping costs
    I think it would make them expensive

Still looking for any rifles

hi chris i have a winchester 1890 pump in very good working order and condition has been chambered from short rifle to long rifle and is threaded for mod with a scope rail screwed and tapped on it but i do have the rear sight which can be put in place of the scope rail.i know its not all original as such but its there if your interested i would do a swap or sell it .what have you?cheers Dave