bedding laminate stock

6mmAI

hello there, ive been quoted £40 from a gun shop, to bed my tikka t3 6.5x55 into a new laminate stock, if I supply the compound, so I have just got some original jb weld two part epoxy.

but my question is does this seem too cheep for it to be a good job? or is that about the going rate?

cheers charlie

hello there, ive been quoted £40 from a gun shop, to bed my tikka t3 6.5x55 into a new laminate stock, if I supply the compound, so I have just got some original jb weld two part epoxy.

but my question is does this seem too cheep for it to be a good job? or is that about the going rate?

cheers charlie

That sounds incredibly cheap, most decent rifle smiths charge at least 5x that for a proper pillar bedding job!!

Ian.

aye that £40 is just to glass bed, not pillar bed....

so is that about right, or still cheep?

Still cheap, £40 is about the rate for an hours work, bedding a stock properly takes considerably longer then that, and thats not including any curing time.
I am not going to advise you what to do but if you have any doubts dont let them get their hands on your new laminated stock.

Ian.

They may intend just skimming the inlet with the compound, apply some release agent and bolt up.

different to relieving the inlet properly to get a decent thickness of compound. That is where the time is.

well does anyone know of anyone in the Scottish borders who would do a proper job?

cheers charlie

Back