Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disposal of skins and bones

Disposal of skins and bones

Has anyone got tips on the best way to dispose of the carcass after it has been butchered? i only do a few a year so quantity shouldn't be an issue

Double bagged and in the rubbish, or to the local council tip.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    +1... I pray one of them will never split!!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by moonstone gsp View Post
    Has anyone got tips on the best way to dispose of the carcass after it has been butchered? i only do a few a year so quantity shouldn't be an issue
    Mine goes in the bin, although that said my 'clever' bin man did refuse to empty my bin one day.... a quick phone call to the council and a separate wagon was sent out to empty my bin, has never been a issue since!!!

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    That's what I do

Must admit i always want to put in bin or take to tip but didnt think it was acceptable with the recycling issues ,so my local butcher allows me to take them to his bins , i will be interested to see other views on this .

Quote Originally Posted by arron View Post
    Must admit i always want to put in bin or take to tip but didnt think it was acceptable with the recycling issues ,so my local butcher allows me to take them to his bins , i will be interested to see other views on this .
    I know it's different for different local councils, but our black bags are for landfill. We have a separate collection for recycling.

Quote Originally Posted by moonstone gsp View Post
    Sometimes in the bin, and other times I put it all out for the foxes, crows and kites. Its amazing how quick half a dozen crows can strip off all the meat. Last time I did this I dropped the cut up remains in the middle of a field whilst walking the dog, 1/2 hour later whilst whilst walking back to the truck I counted 8 red kites circling over the remains.

If you are using your own home bin... if you use the heavy duty rubble bags that can be bought from the likes of B&Q they are very effective in keeping the contents sealed in, especially if you secure the top with a cable tie.

Quote Originally Posted by arron View Post
    Via the landfill collection