.243 variation

footu

Firstly i hope I have this in the right place, if not mods feel free to move.

So, I have just been told I can have a .243 I am new to stalking and will be using this for foxes and deer.
What would be your choice setup if money was not the prime consideration and what do you have?

Lastly does anyone have a full rig on offer?

Many thanks.

i had this very same question , when i went for a .243. i ended up getting a howa. i have another howa so i knew that i liked the rifle and went for the stainless, in a sporter barrel. trigger is adjustable and for the money it does all that i want and more. i too was thinking what to get and money was not a problem,,,, but i still went with the howa. but i ended up changing the stock for a laminated tactical stock.

Last edited:
I have a Sako 75 S/S .243 with a T8 moderator and Swarovski Z6i scope and wouldnt swap it for anything,have same set up in .308 too.......

Keep an eye on the classifieds Firearms section of the forum, always .243 popping up for sale.

I too have a Howa, shoots well however the Hogue stock seems to be rather flexible/soft, no problems so far though. Swaro 8x56 on top at the moment.

I have a Tika T3 and a Swaro Z6i, when I do my bit with my home loads I can clover leafat 100 yds. I do need to do my bit though:eek:.

Hi lad just go buy a sauer 202 classic and your finished there`s nothing to touch them imo.
Nigdonn

I have been told that this is on its way but am still waiting for the paperwork. Will have a look aroud at stoneleigh next weekend. how much i will spend depends on the set up, im a lefty and leaning towards synthetic stocks. Have been keeping my eye out and tikka t3 seems to be a popular choice.
I may end up getting new, just so i know what im getting. I would not know by looking how many rounds has gone through one or how good the barrel is, if its new i guess i will add it to my 'forever' collection.

There's a cracking .243 package on a Brno and peace scope for 350 quid in classifieds if I was you I'd snap it up

Back