Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tika M595 stock question

Tika M595 stock question

Hello blokes, and blokettes

Currently have an M595 in stainless with a laminate stock.

The stock needs a new finish as I don`t think it`s been done properly so need to have a think about what finish is best (advice would be great)

What I`m asking though, is , if I decided to fit a synthetic stock, which one would you fit and why ?

I like composite stocks, I`ve used loads, and combined with the stainless action, I`m sure it would make the Tika my perfect working rifle.

I`m open to all ideas regards stocks, but weight is definitely a consideration.

Thanks

I would have the mcmillan sako style stock. I had one on my tikka. Very nice indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    Hello blokes, and blokettes

Currently have an M595 in stainless with a laminate stock.

The stock needs a new finish as I don`t think it`s been done properly so need to have a think about what finish is best (advice would be great)

What I`m asking though, is , if I decided to fit a synthetic stock, which one would you fit and why ?

I like composite stocks, I`ve used loads, and combined with the stainless action, I`m sure it would make the Tika my perfect working rifle.

I`m open to all ideas regards stocks, but weight is definitely a consideration.

Thanks
    Stick with the laminate, very stable material, finishing them is easy peasy but worth getting it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    Stick with the laminate, very stable material, finishing them is easy peasy but worth getting it done.
    Ditto
    Supporting the BRITISH DEER SOCIETY

Whats the best way to finish the laminate then ?

Still undecided, but I do like my plastic guns

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    Whats the best way to finish the laminate then ?

Still undecided, but I do like my plastic guns
    Lots of ways to do the job depending on what work is needed. I use clearcoat to do most of my work but you can use oil.

SD Regular
    Haven't looked back since putting a GRS stock on my 595.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Rake

If you do decide to swap the stock let me know - We may be able to do a deal - I have a 243 M595 in a wooden stock & always fancied a laminate one - the dealer I bought mine off (many moons ago) didn't have laminate - only the wooden one.
    I'd be interested to know how heavy the laminate stock is. So if you take it off please weigh it & let me know.
    The Tikka plastic stock is certainly lighter than the wood, & I think the laminate will be a bit heavier.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    Rake

If you do decide to swap the stock let me know - We may be able to do a deal - I have a 243 M595 in a wooden stock & always fancied a laminate one - the dealer I bought mine off (many moons ago) didn't have laminate - only the wooden one.
    I'd be interested to know how heavy the laminate stock is. So if you take it off please weigh it & let me know.
    The Tikka plastic stock is certainly lighter than the wood, & I think the laminate will be a bit heavier.

Ian
    Yorric, the Tikka Laminate isn't too bad, it makes for a very sturdy rifle when fitted. I just fitted one to a 243, bloody awesome.

Did they ever do a factory laminate in left hand? I understand they didn't do the synthetic in left hand.

Novice