Fishing

Been fishing about 23 years now my first fish was a perch of about 1 1/2 pounds and I still love catching big perch , I love piking too but also fly fish for trout and fit in a couple of sea trips per year

Yep fished since I was 8 with a rod my grandad bought me. Used to catch a lot of eels. Now I do mostly fly fishing on the river tweed. Hoping to get out soon for the grayling.

Do a little carp fishing but mainly flounder, bass the odd mullet and trout.

Im fishing this coming Saturday at bessy beck for trout in Cumbria if anyone fances it.

Fished on a boat once in Wales on a lads adventure which was fun wouldn't mind another bash.

I was a maggot dipper before i was of school age, solid wood rod and baker light cast metal rings and wooden reel for sea fishing and a tank aerial with home made eyes for fresh no reel just whip paid out by hand .
now days hyper- loops and bait runners bells and all the whistles lol

Caught my first 'full house' (5 fish on 5 feathers) of mackerel of the quay at Campbelltown when i was 7, i too was hooked & been fishing ever since, my daughter caught her first fish (8 inch bass) end of summer at Dell Quay she is nearly 5yrs, now she wants to go all the time, its a sport/pastime that i feel offers a great deal and more youngsters should be given a rod n line than a phone...!

Fly fishing, for my living and my hobby.
If i had to give up stalking or fishing it would be.......deer stalking, i am just too passionate about my fishing.
Cheers
Richard

Im an avid fisher As soon as the March browns are out with the Large dark olives Im on the river, Ill see the Yellow May Duns out. Then the Sea Trout flies are dug out and Im on the Till every second week from the last week in May untill the start of August.

Ive swung fae the rocks on the East coast of Scotland for winter Cod, chased Dogfish during the summer on the West coast. Fished for Salmon. But the River Trout and Sea Trout are my passion.

Ive also done a few articles a few years ago for Total Sea Fishing and Todays Flyfisher.

Nutty

I too was very lucky to have my father take me along many years ago,when i was around 7 or 8yrs old.
Ill be 27 next week and I still feel exactly the same when I catch a fish as I did all those years ago.
I came very close as a teen to represent my country in fly fishing and I can't think of anything more enjoyable than strolling a river at night in search of sea trout,or a drift or on a bank of a vast loch somewhere,really is the best fun a man can have with his trousers on.

Beachcasting for me, I have fished most of the coasts around the country but mainly the north wales coast or the Dundee to Fraserburgh coast if I get stuck in the office for a couple of days.

yes love fishing started at 12 and have never stopped although carping has now gone and just fish on the fly, nice and simple and not alot to carry its great,wayne

Mainly flyfishing for trout on reservoirs now. Got into competition fishing a couple of years back and am really enjoying the added challenge. Also learnt a lot from other competition anglers.

big fan of angling me! i do a lot of trotting for barbel chub and grayling on the wye using cane rods and centerpins. i love fly fishing and get out on the monnow teme and lugg as often as i can.. i also build and restore cane rods (not as a business, just for fun). i occasionally carp fish and bailiff a carp pool near to me but rarely carp fish-too much like trench warfare for me! however stalking carp in gin clear water is a hell of a thrill, especially when they're monsters!

I do every sort of fishing going with the exception of sitting/sleeping behind electronic alarms.

Coarse, game, sea, tropical, boat the lot. I love it!

fished since four being dragged along canals the length and breadth of britain behind my dad sent down newsagents ,papershop for those in the know for polos and spearmint sat outside pubs on bridges pkt crisp/btl pop sneeking trout out of springs and brooks while my dad and twenty odd more pit men coughed and spluttered for five hours for a couple of gudgeon or perch , o happy days.couldnt do it now some pleb on trails bike will run over your rod and nick your pop, by the way was a bailiff on fishery for seven years doin matches and carp fishing, also done alot of sea fishing boats and shore ,god my memorys better than i thought .

sea-boat and shore ,freshwater commercials canals and odd rivers .spain for carp and cats and Thailand for monsters .this year its sharks in cape verde and later on sailfish on the pacific side of mexico.

sea-boat and shore ,freshwater commercials canals and odd rivers .spain for carp and cats and Thailand for monsters .this year its sharks in cape verde and later on sailfish on the pacific side of mexico.
where in thailand do you go mate? a good friend of mine fishes at gillams- he's had a few proper monsters!

Back