Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muntjacs in the N/W

Muntjacs in the N/W

Has anyone spotted muntjac in Haifa hall or around rivington. I'm hearing more and more people say they have seen what they think are muntjac. Two of the people are cranks but other people I would think are telling the truth.
    Soon to be the latest member of the 20cal club.

It all works out in the end and if it hasn't worked out well it isn't the end!

Sean, I have also heard that they are around the Rivington area the area known as Chinese gardens. About 2 years ago on our way back down the M61 my brother said he saw one in a field between Chorley & Horwich. I saw what he was looking at briefly but could not say 100% munty as I was driving.

Never seen any when I use to shoot around the Belmont area or the land between Belmont and RIvington but they could have moved in I deal homage there for them.

The lads from BRPC may shed some light.

there are roe in the area, I've even seen one not far from the reebok at the side of the motorway.Not huge numbers though.

plenty roe in all these areas but i cant confirm munties.

I been told one was road kill on the A6 north of carnforth a couple of years ago

I've seen the odd roe deer and know of where others are, like it says above there's no great numbers but they are about. I keep hearing about people saying they have seen muntjac out and about. One is the local nutter and the other chap who told me once told me he had a machine gun on the side of his defender??? But Martin above, a normal customer and a couple other have mentioned seeing the odd one.
    I hope they get a foot in the door as I would like to see one myself before the lurcher lads see an end to them.
    Soon to be the latest member of the 20cal club.

It all works out in the end and if it hasn't worked out well it isn't the end!

Quote Originally Posted by seanct View Post
    I've seen the odd roe deer and know of where others are, like it says above there's no great numbers but they are about. I keep hearing about people saying they have seen muntjac out and about. One is the local nutter and the other chap who told me once told me he had a machine gun on the side of his defender??? But Martin above, a normal customer and a couple other have mentioned seeing the odd one.
    I hope they get a foot in the door as I would like to see one myself before the lurcher lads see an end to them.
    That's not going to happen, too many dog men. They've been around Delamere for years, yet never got to spread across Cheshire

I was driving through Coppull a few years ago when out of the corner of my eye spotted something brown in a field. I stopped the car, reversed to have another look and it was still there. I was convinced it was a muntjac although it was a bit foggy that day, it did have the characteristic arch of the back and it's nose firmly pinned to the ground as it foraged through the long grass. It was more the way it moved than how it looked that had me thinking muntjac.... but as I drove off I thought "Nah, it's probably a small roe" or a big one - far away (best Father Ted episode)
    I see roe regularly on the way to Chorley, nr the Rivington Reservoirs and up towards Withnell.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Hi there all im from over wyre way, "Preesall,stalmine and pilling" way, and I have been told from good source who is an experience shot that there is a couple of muntjac , on the "moss" which is quite dense with plenty of silver birch on. There is also the odd fallow around. We do have a small population of Roe here aswell