Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parcelforce what a bunch of *****s

Parcelforce what a bunch of *****s

well brought a stock for my rifle Friday night at 4, bloke got in in the post by 4.30, to be sent via there 48 hour service... got told it wont be picked up till Saturday... fair enough....

but it still isn't here.... am rageing as ive had the day off work today so I can get it bedded. (had a bloke on the phone asking where I was as he had left his day empty to do it for me, and show me how to do it.) so that's two people who aint happy.... and to be honest I think they mean to call it there 48 day service. I can promise I will never use them again, I have lost a days work over it, plus f**ked some one else about.

It might have been picked up on sat but it would have sat in the warehouse over the weekend.
    48 or 24 hour delivery are a working day service that should never be used on a friday, weekends dont count, the time period will not start untill the following monday.

Ian.

Not wanting to rub salt in your wounds buddy, but a quick search on here would have had you getting your chap to send by any other means.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

SD Regular
    I am waiting for an item sent from USA via the eBay GLobal Postage Programme. It promises that all customs charges are paid "up front". That is news to HM Customs who have told me that there is NO agreement with eBay or the USA for such a process.

So I shall see. I had no option as the seller is one of many, now, who list it with this supposed service. have had other things from USA just sent by normal US Postal Service. No problem. Will report back!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    It might have been picked up on sat but it would have sat in the warehouse over the weekend.
    48 or 24 hour delivery are a working day service that should never be used on a friday, weekends dont count, the time period will not start untill the following monday.

Ian.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post

Ian.
    but today is Tuesday so that is two days.... so unless if im thicker than I think that is 48 hours?

and ive tracked it and it was picked up Saturday, been logged in the same depot 3 times
    now on its was to the delivery depot.....

so I don't quite get there 48 hour service, does it go by there 8 hour working day... cos clearly it doesn't go by the clock.....

charlie

What does your receipt from the post office say after the statement "posted after last collection?" - if it says yes then the clock starts as if the item was posted on the next working day which is Monday so don't expect to see the stock before Wednesday - a quick check of their website says "2 working days"...

if that bit of the receipt says "no" then technically it should have been delivered some time today as Friday and Monday are working days.

You have my sympathy, I stopped using them after they lost my rifle several years ago and only 'found' it again after I told them I was then required by law to report the loss to the Police - strangely it didn't actually take them that long to find it after that...

Very similar experience myself last week. I sold a camera on here and posted it on Wednesday on 48hr Parcel Farce service. It arrived late afternoon yesterday so thats 120 hours.

Here in my part of Norfolk we only get a mail delivery about two or three times a week, I don’t know if this is policy or local sorting/delivery guys hoarding it until there are several items to make it worth stopping the van but either way it makes a mockery of delivery times.

I'm afraid everything about the Post Office in its various guises is a complete joke these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    Very similar experience myself last week. I sold a camera on here and posted it on Wednesday on 48hr Parcel Farce service. It arrived late afternoon yesterday so thats 120 hours.

Here in my part of Norfolk we only get a mail delivery about two or three times a week, I donít know if this is policy or local sorting/delivery guys hoarding it until there are several items to make it worth stopping the van but either way it makes a mockery of delivery times.

I'm afraid everything about the Post Office in its various guises is a complete joke these days.

they should call it we deliver when we can be f**ked service.....

and where abouts in Norfolk are you? as I used to live there....

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5x55 View Post
    they should call it we deliver when we can be f**ked service.....

and where abouts in Norfolk are you? as I used to live there....
    Right on the coast near Wells.