Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramsay's F word Christmas dinner

Ramsay's F word Christmas dinner

Just seen an advert for it: Ramsay goes in search of 'Rudolph' for Christmas dinner instead of turkey.

Should be interesting to see the reaction of Joe public to this!

I had a Christmas dinner with 18 of my friends last weekend where I put a turkey and haunch of vension on the table. Most of them had never eaten venison before, but it was definitely that which went down better (and the venison gravy disappeared in seconds the greedy *******s!).

That aside, there I think that there has been a definite rise in the number of progams showing the killing and preparation of game in the last couple of years with Ramsay doing it every other week, Hugh regularly putting something wild on the table and shows such as kill it cook it eat it to name but a few. I wonder if this is indicative of, or possibly even a contributor towards a more general acceptance by the masses of what we do regularly?

Gez

I watched Hugh's christmas show (not to sure if its a repeat or not) but he also put venison on the table...a park reared Sika buck which he shot. I though it was good how they showed him do the range test first, and you actually saw him pull the trigger/the buck jump to the strike etc.

As always he used pretty much everything...

Last night we saw Gordon in Canada where he shot and cooked a snow goose. This is very encouraging and Channel 4 are at the forefront but it is not a policy followed by the BBC and some other channels.

The BBC have stopped using David Bellamy and Robin Page because of their support for field sports despite not participating in them. Countryfile has become so sanitised that it is a joke and the only real coverage for deer is with reference to poaching.

In a recent "Tales from the Country" programme on Discovery Real Time featuring chef Mike Robinson we saw a stalk for a roe and muntjac but were not even allowed to see the dead animal let alone the reaction to the shot.

The first shot of the dead deer was about 95% skinned and all we saw was a haunch and liver being cooked.

In previous Mike Robinson programmes the whole thrust has been about harvesting wild game and we have seen a range of deer, pigeons, rabbits and other fish and game shot or trapped with no problems and even a roe deer being skinned in front of an audience at Henley Food Fair. Suddenly this is all apparently too much for us to take.

venison

the venison gordon will be using comes from us, it will be sika and he is coming to east peckham in kent to the swan pub

http://www.chartfarm.com/

andy

"Last night we saw Gordon in Canada where he shot and cooked a snow goose"

Yep, as far as his business interests go, he has really cooked his goose.
    Shame, excellent chef and a real character.
    basil.

isnt this the second time ramsey has gone stalking? i thought last time he bottled it and couldnt take the shot?

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot
    isnt this the second time ramsey has gone stalking? i thought last time he bottled it and couldnt take the shot?
    It will be the third, the first time he bottled it on a muntie, the second time he got a roe although it needed two shots, and this time presumably a sika.

I thought from the clip it was Reindeer he was after, but I may be wrong, I wasnt really paying attention.

Gez

Quote Originally Posted by Gez
    I thought from the clip it was Reindeer he was after, but I may be wrong, I wasnt really paying attention.

Gez
    Gez,

You're quite right there was a reindeer on the trailer for the next programme but Andy Stalker says he goes down to Kent for a sika either in this programme or a later one.