Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramshot Powders

Ramshot Powders

Looking to use Ramshot powder in .308 and .243. Can anyone tell me if they are having success with this powder and any pet loads they may have.

Thx
    Gabe

introduction might be a good place to start... every one else on the site had to do one.

Hi Gabriel,

Welcome.

I've been using Ramshot Magnum in my 7mmWSM. Meters easily and shoots well behind 139gr and 160gr bullets.

Also seems reasonably easy to get hold of at the moment.

As above, remember to introduce yourself in the appropriate section of the forum.

Xav

I'm using ramshot Tac in .223 & .308. So far the smallest group in both is about 3/4 inch. But I'm not finished yet. I'm sure I can get the group smaller. So far it seems to be ok just a matter of range time and patience. As to pet loads each rifle is different. Start at min load and work up in .5 grain ( weight each charge ) lots till you find a sweet spot for YOUR rifle. STOP if you see any pressure signs. Take your time and you will find the load you want. Good luck.

Not tried it myself but a friend of mine has been using TAC in his .308 and swears by it.

Try'd tac not to shabby would use it again if i did have a box of H 4895

See Here? Ramshot
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by iain b View Post
    I'm using ramshot Tac in .223 & .308. So far the smallest group in both is about 3/4 inch. But I'm not finished yet. I'm sure I can get the group smaller. So far it seems to be ok just a matter of range time and patience. As to pet loads each rifle is different. Start at min load and work up in .5 grain ( weight each charge ) lots till you find a sweet spot for YOUR rifle. STOP if you see any pressure signs. Take your time and you will find the load you want. Good luck.
    +1 for TAC works well with 130gr Barnes TTSX

Do you know best place to get hold of in West Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel 1963 View Post
    Do you know best place to get hold of in West Yorkshire.
    Henry kranks stock it. Aren't they in Leeds ?