Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lintran custom dog box

Lintran custom dog box

I am thinking of having a custom dog crate to take two dogs fitted in the rear of my Defender 110 5 seat commercial.
    I have looked at the Lintran site and they seem to be able to create what I may need/want.
    has anyone had any experience of this type of project or used any other supplier for similar ?
    any comments/tips welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I am thinking of having a custom dog crate to take two dogs fitted in the rear of my Defender 110 5 seat commercial.
    I have looked at the Lintran site and they seem to be able to create what I may need/want.
    has anyone had any experience of this type of project or used any other supplier for similar ?
    any comments/tips welcome.
    My mate here in Sweden makes Dog boxes to order. http://www.hundgubbe.se/ Shame he lives in Sweden.

Ive had a Lintrans box for 10years with no complaints good box with locking doors good value imho Steve

Cab in North Yorkshire will make anything you want including gun boxes etc. full custom option as well.

CAB Animal Transit Boxes - High quality dog transport boxes and other animal transit boxes.

Over the years I have had 3 Lintran boxes. I have found them really good and if you change vehicle and decide to sell it on, they fetch good money second hand.
    I would certainly recommend them.

Have always had "Lintran" or "Port A Pet" ,both very good prefer "port a pet" as lighter to handle on your own when swapping in and out of truck .My first Port A pet box is around 14 years old and I was out shooting with the guy I sold it to Monday and its still as good as the day I sold it ,Port a pet had some really good design ideas when discussing fitting to my 110 that really work well, message me if you want more info as have had 4 boxes bespoke made

I've had two lintrans and both have been excellent. A friend of mine had a custom set up with drawers etc for his hi lux and it is fantastic. I have to admit though I have looked at the CAB boxesand thy look good too but have no personal experiance of them.

Have a Lintran light and easy to wash out and keep clean . Trans K9 are good but heavy and are not cheap .

I have a semi-custom Lintran in the BMW, cracking box, not too heavy and a great service by them. A mate has a Trans-K9 box in his Audi and he loves it, great quality too.
    Its all down to whether Trans-K9 do custom boxes, which they didn't when I wanted one.
    Last edited by Bomag; 14-01-2014 at 22:36. Reason: Trans-k9 not CAB
    Work them hard, treat them like heros.

I got a Lintran 50/50 split but made them do a custom back to my recommendation. I also have a 60/40 trans k9. Trans are metal and dent and scratch easy but excellent box. Lintran has done eight hard years and is just showing some rust on doors and some ingrained/dug in discolouration. Other than that no issues. I had a part break that the rubber mat attaches to and was sent spares FOC. Lighter than K9 trans.

Imo mo you won't go wrong with a Lintran.