RSPCA e-petition

Hedgehopper

I imagine that others on here will have received the same email, but here is the text of an email that dropped into my inbox this morning:

The e-petition 'We ask the government to investigate the RSPCA's activities, especially where they infringe civl or legal rights.' signed by you recently reached 10,321 signatures and a response has been made to it.

As this e-petition has reached more than 10 000 signatures, the relevant Government department have provided the following response: As a charity, the RSPCA must comply with the legal framework that applies to all charities as well, in the context of its prosecutions in relation to animal welfare, the rules which govern the bringing of prosecutions. The Government welcomes the RSPCA’s decision to ask Stephen Wooler, a former Chief Inspector of the Crown Prosecution Service Inspectorate, to review its prosecution policy. Concerns that the RSPCA have substantially failed to manage the charity in line with the law, should first be raised with the Charity Commission. Any evidence of any criminal concerns about any individual or organisation must be shared with the police

View the response to the e-petition

Well that worked then.
:rolleyes:

Hedgehopper

I wrote to my local MP about the RSPCA a while back and they must copy and paste from the same source, because the response I got was very similar to what you posted!!! Needless to say it ended up in the bin as I could see nothing was really going to get done!! I hate politics!!

Like it paul, how long did it take you to think of that- you been watching countdown or somthing?

It seems that you may be right Paul. Big article (most of the page) in today's Times. Only on page 53 in the Law section but flagged up on the front page! Suggestion that the review may be more than a whitewash. Perhaps something could come of this, even if it is just a small step in the right direction.

Well, give it a chance and let the media spin it so luck and there might be some positives

As if I would! anyway was being a DT teacher ever classed as a proper job- come on you know it up there with PE:lol:

Over 10,000 signatures (digital ones anyway) to be given an answer that would be given over the phone as a fob off

Back