Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sealskinz hunting gloves

sealskinz hunting gloves

As title
    Need a new pair of gloves and these seem to get decent reviews
    I dont want the "shooting" type with the folding forefinger
    Size 9 or medium
    Thanks

I wouldn't buy a pair of the sealskin gloves, I got a pair of them for stalking and feeding pheasants and they are the coldest gloves I have ever owned and if they get slightly damp your hands will be freezing.

Stacey

I have the hunting gloves (with removable finger top) and find them great - totally waterproof and grippy which is what I want. never had a problem with cold particularly but do have some silk inners that I use if needed.

tony

Quote Originally Posted by HunterMoore View Post
    I have the hunting gloves (with removable finger top) and find them great - totally waterproof and grippy which is what I want. never had a problem with cold particularly but do have some silk inners that I use if needed.

tony
    You have the shooting gloves Not the hunting gloves HunterMoore. You're going to cause confusion here! I have both types and to be honest I find the shooting gloves to be utter rubbish. Why would you want your trigger finger to be the coldest finger on your hand?
    Baguio

hi Baguio

sorry for the confusion - its an age thing!

its only cold when you wind it back for shooting or other intricate operations ......

Anyway, they work for me and I like the actual feel of finger on trigger!

have a good day and didn't mean to confuse!!

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by HunterMoore View Post
    hi Baguio

sorry for the confusion - its an age thing!

its only cold when you wind it back for shooting or other intricate operations ......

Anyway, they work for me and I like the actual feel of finger on trigger!

have a good day and didn't mean to confuse!!

Tony
    No worries Tony. Unfortunately it's raining again and I'm on lates so would have been out stalking. Instead I feel like it's another day wasted. So sadly I'm not going to be having a good day . Hope others are going to be more productive than me today?

On the gloves front I find that the trigger finger is always cold on the Shooting gloves as that finger on both hands has practically no insulation in it compared with all the other fingers. The Hunting gloves have all fingers insulated. Maybe I'm too much of a Southern Fairy?
    Baguio

I have these gloves and they are by far the best gloves I own. I got them from a site called specialitysocks or something similar for under 40

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post

On the gloves front I find that the trigger finger is always cold on the Shooting gloves as that finger on both hands has practically no insulation in it compared with all the other fingers. The Hunting gloves have all fingers insulated. Maybe I'm too much of a Southern Fairy?
    Baguio
    +1. I had to take mine off last Saturday (the shooting type), I couldn't feel my finger tips. Would NOT recommend them.

Sealskinz are Not waterproof out last week in the rain and they got absolutely soaked. Just bought some gore tex gloves but not used them yet.

Great!!!! I just purchased a pair of these recently.
    Always used barbour neoprene in the past....oh well, will see how they go i spose