Thread: 150grain 30cal interloc

150grain 30cal interloc

Does anyone know if hornady have changed the spec of this bullet? I have two boxes with the same part number that have slightly different profiles. One has fairly parallel sides past the canulure then tapers to the tip the other has a more radiused profile (subtle but different). If I seat them with the seater in the same position one of them seats a little deeper than the other, I first noticed as you can see the difference relative to the canulure.

I haven't checked to see if they have the same POI, velocity etc. Is this variation an anomaly or a design change?

SD Regular
    Hornady are quite good on replying to e-mails. Is there as well as a part number on the box an inked batch number?

Quote Originally Posted by pete evans View Post
    D.....I haven't checked to see if they have the same POI, velocity etc. Is this variation an anomaly or a design change?
    Pete.

It's a 'feature' of Hornady bullets. It's a pain, but each time I change batch number, I check the seating in detail and if necessary work the load up again.

Regards

JCS

"each time I change batch number" I have also found this using the 160 grain round nose. The quality of the finished product is just as good, (the most accurate bullet in my rifle), but the COL has needed adjutsment.