Thread: 82nd cocker spaniel champoinship cancelled

82nd cocker spaniel champoinship cancelled

Just came back from a short 2nd day at the championship held at queensbury estate Dumfries.
    Cancelled due to one poor spectator who collapsed and died. Thoughts go out to his family.
    Committee decided to stop the trial . A very brave effort by all who helped to resuscitate the gentleman for over an hour untill air ambulance arrived.

That must have been a shock for everyone around Adrian. Not good. As you say, thoughts go out to his family.

Happened many years ago on an estate I used to beat on (Whitburgh) but on the day in question I actually couldn't make it. Heard all about it from friends and like you describe efforts to keep him going till ambulance arrived were commendable...

I was stood next to the poor soul no sign of any problem just collapsed.

Quote Originally Posted by ajfab View Post
    I was stood next to the poor soul no sign of any problem just collapsed.
    When its your going to go that's how I want to, not to know a thing about it. I know too many people now who have had a stroke/heart attack and they never get over it and I'm sure it just wears them down over a few years. still a troubling time for his family

One of my beaters is there i'll check it's not him now ,my father has just had a heart attack and they say it's either a biggy and you're gone or a warning what a sad time for the family
    regards
    norma

It's being rescheduled for tomorrow for remaining dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by redlab View Post
    When its your going to go that's how I want to, not to know a thing about it. I know too many people now who have had a stroke/heart attack and they never get over it and I'm sure it just wears them down over a few years. still a troubling time for his family
    condolences to his family

Had a friend who died in the hunting field, heart attack while sitting by a big bale watching hounds hunt he valley below, best way to go

Sad news. At the end of the day to go quickly watching or doing something you love isn't a bad way to end things in my book.