Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Active members vs registered members

  1. #1

    Active members vs registered members

    Just curious but what is meant in the stats by active members?

    I saw down the bottom there are over 11,000 registered site members but only about 3000 active. Is it people that have actually posted on the forum?

    Ta
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

    DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Just curious but what is meant in the stats by active members?

    I saw down the bottom there are over 11,000 registered site members but only about 3000 active. Is it people that have actually posted on the forum?

    Ta
    I think it`s those that have logged in.
    Every forum has members that are just browsers.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Just curious but what is meant in the stats by active members?

    I saw down the bottom there are over 11,000 registered site members but only about 3000 active. Is it people that have actually posted on the forum?

    Ta
    Starts you must have too much time on your hands to be reading the small print at the bottom LOL

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Just curious but what is meant in the stats by active members?
    Active Members are defined as those that have signed in within the past X days. Where X is set by the forum admins, so you would need to ask Alex to know how many days back they look.

  5. #5
    If you look at the membership list you will see there are 392 pages of them.
    But you only need to look as far as page 150 to find members who have 4 or fewer posts.
    I also note that compared to other forums members here post very little, even me with bugger all
    worth saying have accumulated enough posts to be on the first page, while the highest number of
    posts is about 3 times my count, on many forums even that would be far, far down the list.

    Neil.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    If you look at the membership list you will see there are 392 pages of them.
    But you only need to look as far as page 150 to find members who have 4 or fewer posts.
    I also note that compared to other forums members here post very little, even me with bugger all
    worth saying have accumulated enough posts to be on the first page, while the highest number of
    posts is about 3 times my count, on many forums even that would be far, far down the list.

    Neil.
    Lots of forums are full of bellends who post shyte all day long. We seem to have a good bunch of lads on the SD and I hope it stays that way!

  7. #7
    Low Poster here

    I am new to stalking, but not new to shooting.
    In fact I haven't shot a deer ..... yet! I completed my DSC with BASC last year, so I am very green.
    So I use the forum to learn from the more experienced and take on information and opinions (there are lots of those).

    But I post rarely due to the fact I probably don't know what I am talking about.

    Eddie

  8. #8
    I would guess that there's quite a lot of people on here into field sports in one way or another and stalking may or may not be their main activity/hobby/pastime/job, but it interests them however much they actually take part in it.

    I would agree that there's not a great load of shyte spouted on here, which keeps me coming back. After all, knowledge is power!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    Starts you must have too much time on your hands to be reading the small print at the bottom LOL
    Ha ha it was a biit quiet at work yesterday! I was curious to know how many members there were before doing the poll about stalking and it got me thinking!

    Quote Originally Posted by EDCM View Post
    Low Poster here

    I am new to stalking, but not new to shooting.
    In fact I haven't shot a deer ..... yet! I completed my DSC with BASC last year, so I am very green.
    So I use the forum to learn from the more experienced and take on information and opinions (there are lots of those).

    But I post rarely due to the fact I probably don't know what I am talking about.

    Eddie
    You'll fit in well mate there are a few like that already, including me!!

    That's how I was too for starters, I think I registered about a year before posting anything of any substance and used the site for good info on how to get into stalking. There are a lot of good blokes on here who will get you out on a deer for not a lot of cash too mate. All the best for 2014 and be sure to do a write up when you get your 1st,

    Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

    DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

  10. #10
    Many people who have joined the site use it for reference and contact via PM to make bookings or purchase items, but post very little. Many offer help and advice, and also raise monies for good causes through the generous donations by members and are more active. Then we have the fairly prolific posters who join in the debates and give a considered opinion.

    So we have a big mixture of people, and more joining from overseas, which all adds to the wealth of knowledge and friendships formed.

    Admin/owners, myself, JAYB and csl try to keep trolls, troublemakers, and general ar/eholes off the site and keep it a clean and welcoming site. Doesn't always work, but we try our best and in general keep most of them off the site. We also seem to be spending more and more time on the site, but that is to be expected with a thriving and growing site.

    I hope everyone continues to find the site useful, enjoyable and a good point of contact for those that wish to pursue deer stalking as a hobby or profession.

    ATB
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

    ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Similar Threads

  1. How many SD members are registered as a food Business?
    By PointBlank in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-03-2015, 22:50
  2. New members ..
    By basil in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 27-08-2013, 05:19
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-04-2013, 09:24
  4. Hello to All Members.
    By Nduna Safaris in forum Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-08-2012, 18:35
  5. hi to all members
    By swhitelaws in forum Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-07-2012, 15:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •