Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Sauer 202 Bolt jewelling

  1. #1

    Sauer 202 Bolt jewelling

    Hi, I am looking for someone to jewel the bolt on my Sauer...Has anyone any recommendations please...Many thanks

  2. #2
    I would suggest giving Garlands a call mate. Ask for Paul the gunsmith. He is very helpful and in regular contact with the Sauer factory.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunting Solutions View Post
    I would suggest giving Garlands a call mate. Ask for Paul the gunsmith. He is very helpful and in regular contact with the Sauer factory.
    Is he a gunsmith now then......? You'll be better talking to a brick wall, all they will want to do is sell you a new one for about 700, speak to a metal worker or engineer, or try Steve Beaty at ivy thorn, but my advice would be avoid garlands like the plague.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Is he a gunsmith now then......? You'll be better talking to a brick wall, all they will want to do is sell you a new one for about 700, speak to a metal worker or engineer, or try Steve Beaty at ivy thorn, but my advice would be avoid garlands like the plague.
    Fair play.I have always found Paul to be very helpful though.

  5. #5
    I can Jewel the bolt but I wouldn't be able to complete it for a bit.

  6. #6
    Jewelling entails removing metal - maybe not a lot - BUT - why would you want to do that & increase slop in the action & wear it out before its time???
    I know it looks pretty when newly done & some may say the bearing qualities are improved, but if it needed it, Sauer being good & allegedly precision rifle makers would have done it during manufacture & allowed for it in their tolerances.
    Also when it does wear in you will get wear marks over the jewelling highlighting it .

    However if you want to, you can easily do it yourself - all you need is a bench drill & hand vise, a piece of dowel & some valve grinding paste.

    Ian

  7. #7
    Here you go
    ► 1:08► 1:08

    19 Mar 2008 - Uploaded by MidwayUSA
    This process is quick and easy, requiring only a drill press, some simple hand tools, and a ...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    This process is quick and easy, requiring only a drill press, some simple hand tools, and a ...
    Doesn't look quick at all, looks mind dumbingly tedious

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by timbeech View Post
    Doesn't look quick at all, looks mind dumbingly tedious
    And so are a lot of gunsmithing and other skilled jobs - tedious, but one slip can ruin it. I think it needs a certain special type of patience to do this sort of job well.

  10. #10
    So why would you do this?

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Sauer 202 bolt and barrel in 243
    By Jagdmatch in forum Firearms
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 17:00
  2. Wanted Sauer 202 Bolt for 308
    By cervus in forum Firearms Components
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 20:30
  3. Bolt jewelling vise
    By Roecall in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-03-2011, 21:31
  4. Wanted Sauer 202 action and bolt
    By thomas in forum Firearms
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31-07-2010, 07:18
  5. Sauer 202 bolt needed urgently.
    By Hubertus1 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-03-2009, 04:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •