Thread: Just about any sort of fieldsports, St Agnes, Cornwall, 28th April to 1st May

Just about any sort of fieldsports, St Agnes, Cornwall, 28th April to 1st May

Hello to any Cornish members!

After a hiatus of three years due to babies, in-laws and so on, Iím finally returning to Cornwall for a week at Easter, specifically near St Agnes and Perranporth. Itís rare for me to be able to spend a week in the countryside and as some may know, Iím quite severely starved of shooting, fishing, and the outdoors generally here in London. Whenever I go to Cornwall, I try to put in some serious fishing time, and Iím as happy chucking crab pots into the sea to see what turns up as I am on a boat hauling in cod.

This time, I thought Iíd attempt to extend the range of activities, so I was wondering whether there was anyone here based around St Agnes who may have some spare rabbits (not the Easter Bunny though, thatís just not on), some bothersome pigeons, perhaps even a roe buck thatís eating what it shouldnít. It doesnít have to be shooting though. If someone could point out some freshwater angling opportunities in the area, Iíd gratefully take that too.

I could throw a bit of money at this if necessary, but frankly, I will consider any fieldsports-related suggestions that you may have, as long as thereís a chance that it could yield something edible. Beggars canít be choosers after all, and I love it all anyway!

So if you can help out, Iíll be very grateful, and if not, well thereís always rockpooling.

Thanks!

Hi Pine Marten,
    I am based about 20miles from St.Agnes so if you don't find anything nearer/easier/better, you'd be welcome out with me for any of the aforementioned sporting activities. (+expert advice on all the best Bass fishing on the Cornish coast)
    Cheers for now

That's very kind, thanks a lot! But I just throw some suggestions out there, and you come back offering the full range: I can only take so much kit with me, damn it! This just goes to show once again why I need a drilling. With an insert that's actually a telescopic fishing rod. And a reel in the stock. We could start on the bass advice right now if you like. I'll PM you.

No problem, If you like I can show you some good areas for the bass when you're down here. I'm a very keen bass fisherman, been at it as long as I can remember,
    all you need is shoes with good grip on the soles, a spinning rod (about 9ft would be fine) and a small fixed spool reel (ideally loaded with 15lb braid but mono is ok) , some shallow diving plugs - (rapala j11/j13 or similar) some metal spinners (tobies, bridun launce etc) and maybe a few surface poppers. Polarised lens sunglasses are helpful also.
    If there's any equipment you don't have, I can lend it you when you're down here. Send me PM if you want more detailed information on fishing gear, marks, tactics, shooting and stuff

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post

I could throw a bit of money at this if necessary, but frankly, I will consider any fieldsports-related suggestions that you may have, as long as there’s a chance that it could yield something edible.

Thanks!
    Do you eat fox?