quantity to acquire - where do we stand ???

aaronbott

Hi all, my current FAC still has the quantity to acquire portion on it. Now, as this is no longer valid does this still apply ?

Thanks

Aaron

It stands, but if you can acquire 500 and hold 600 there is nothing to stop the RFD entering two lines of 300 purchases on your certificate the same day - I've done that before.

It stands, but if you can acquire 500 and hold 600 there is nothing to stop the RFD entering two lines of 300 purchases on your certificate the same day - I've done that before.
Ah, the old walk out of the shop and straight back in again routine!...

Hi all, my current FAC still has the quantity to acquire portion on it. Now, as this is no longer valid does this still apply ?

Thanks

Aaron

You are asking for an answer to a question that does not seem complete...

If, for instance, you still have permish to acquire cartridges in a chambering for which you no longer possess the firearms to use (which is how I read the possible situation you are partially describing) then clearly, it's an error... what will you choose to do? ... will you waste money buying ammo you have no way of using or will you return the ticket for correction?

I had read it as he was referring to the new HO guidance which removes the maximum purchase allowance, rather than having disposed of the gun in that calibre.

It is an offence to not abide by a condition which is stated on your FAC. As it is still stated on your FAC, you must abide by it, until such a time as you have it removed.

Back