Starlight Arrow NV Demo Footage - Entry level £399.99 unit

Scott Country

Hello

We have been asked for some sample footage from the Starlight Arrow.

This is from the first production entry level unit £399 with a 200yard detection range (fox sized target)

The Arrow is a rear mounted digital NV add on to covert your day scope to night vision without loss of zero (requires parallax adj scope)

Digital-with-green.jpg

We will be launching these at the British Shooting Show next month with stock due early Feb.

The unit does not have a digital video out port so this is filmed using an iScope iphone adaptor, so you can expect the physical image to be better of course but this footage gives you an insight into what to expect.

We forsee it being very popular....

Find out more about the Starlight Arrow NV here.

Regards

Paul

Have you tried the basic Arrow with the night master? Do you need anybody to field test the unit:D, i'm very willing!

Al

Do you have a picture of the unit mounted on a scope attached to a rifle so we can get an idea of how the shooting position may look ?

Confused is what I am :confused:
You list a basic unit at £349.99 and the same with an illuminator at £499.99
the top spec on with a high power illuminator at £899.99
So what is the £399.99 one, and what does it come with ?
Also what size ocular bells will it fit with the supplied mount, and will it fit
a scope with a tapered ocular bell like a Zeiss Victory FL

The right answers will see me click the buy it now button :thumb:

Neil. :)

Can it be used with the NM800 ir that I already own and if it can how much is the top spec one without an illuminator.

Thanks

Rick

Video filmed by a member of staff at the production plant, not by us, we would have done it better i must add but given time constraints and me harrassing them for footage this was what we got.

Unit is filmed using one of our iScope adaptors on an iPhone as the basic Arrow does not have a video outport, not sure on scope but it was budget quality day scope.

We will film proper field footage when we have our units next week or so.

Video was 150yds on 8x mag as per title.

Unit can be used with NM800IR but will require an additional mount, which we can supply.

As for pricing

£349.99 Basic Arrow NO IR
£399.99 Basic Arrow With Torch Type IR (starlight brand)
£499.99 Basic Arrow with Firefly Laser IR

We will have three production sample units VERY shortly and will have them for everyone to play with at the British Shooting Show in 3 weeks time.

Once unit is mounted, how much further back then normal (no NV fitted) do you have to position your head/eye.
To me that is one of the most important points, and something most manufacturers conveniently forget to tell us.
For me a rear add on should be shorter in total fitted length than the day scopes eye relief, at least one digital add on is.
So is this one ???

Hello, the Arrow is not shorter than the regular eye relief of your riflescope this, unless I am misunderstanding you, is physically impossible as you have to attach the device to your eye piece of your riflescope, so intrinsically it alters the length and your shooting position.

archerwithscope_1.jpg

The Arrow will operate exactly the same as the Archer in terms of DSA fitment so moving your riflescope forward in the mounts is an option, or fitting the supplied stock extension to increase stock length.

Regards

Paul

Yeah good question - how will it compare to the photon for distance and clarity - not taking into account shooting position or the fact that its removable and the photon is dedicated etc just soley on optics?

Hello, the Arrow is not shorter than the regular eye relief of your riflescope this, unless I am misunderstanding you, is physically impossible as you have to attach the device to your eye piece of your riflescope, so intrinsically it alters the length and your shooting position.

archerwithscope_1.jpg

The Arrow will operate exactly the same as the Archer in terms of DSA fitment so moving your riflescope forward in the mounts is an option, or fitting the supplied stock extension to increase stock length.

Regards

Paul

Thanks for the answer and picture Paul, for me at least it makes the choice easier to make.

Yeah good question - how will it compare to the photon for distance and clarity - not taking into account shooting position or the fact that its removable and the photon is dedicated etc just soley on optics?

Hi, in terms of comparability to the Photon, performance wise the entry level Arrow should be on a par, but relies on you using a decent quality day optic, better lenses, better light transfer to your eye, or indeed the Arrow device.

Saying that the Photon is ideal for those wishing to dedicate a rifle for night use, with the ability to use during the day if required, but of course not giving you anything like the clarity of a decent day optic.

The Arrow however is ideal for those with a decent day optic who wish to shoot occaisionally at night, and swap to and from between such by adding the DSA.

Personally the Photon takes a LOT of beating, but if i had a Swaro or similar on my .22-250 for roe in Scotland, with the opportunity for charlie at night, the Arrow would be a tempting appeal, but then there is always the DFA75 to consider also....

Hello, the Arrow is not shorter than the regular eye relief of your riflescope this, unless I am misunderstanding you, is physically impossible as you have to attach the device to your eye piece of your riflescope, so intrinsically it alters the length and your shooting position [...] moving your riflescope forward in the mounts is an option, or fitting the supplied stock extension to increase stock length.

There does seem to be a misunderstanding here, though I think the basic answer is correct, SC.

To explain my thinking: If the eye relief of the scope were 4" and the device added to the eye bell were 3" long, and if it was designed to be set up with its objective lens very close to the ocular lens of the scope and to be viewed with the eye placed very close to the screen as in a thermal camera -i.e. not requiring any eye-relief of its own-,then it could be shorter than the scope's normal eye relief.

But as the photo provided above suggests that the arrow requires some eye relief of its own -as indicated by the gap between the mounting ring and the main housing-, then it would appear to require a stock extension or other adjustment, albeit not as much as the Archer, which has great performance but is longer than any other rear-mounted add-on I've used.

There does seem to be a misunderstanding here, though I think the basic answer is correct, SC.

To explain my thinking: If the eye relief of the scope were 4" and the device added to the eye bell were 3" long, and if it was designed to be set up with its objective lens very close to the ocular lens of the scope and to be viewed with the eye placed very close to the screen as in a thermal camera -i.e. not requiring any eye-relief of its own-,then it could be shorter than the scope's normal eye relief.

But as the photo provided above suggests that the arrow requires some eye relief of its own -as indicated by the gap between the mounting ring and the main housing-, then it would appear to require a stock extension or other adjustment, albeit not as much as the Archer, which has great performance but is longer than any other rear-mounted add-on I've used.

You have nailed it, the one I was looking at until the Arrow was announced on here last Saturday is 75mm long, and with it's near eye display would not effect head position.
I was hoping the Arrow at nearly half the price would be the same, but from the pic above, this is not the case.
(also not sure the pic shows an arrow)

Back