Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the pay role bad press about jelen deer services

On the pay role bad press about jelen deer services

Mike Alison of Jelen Deer took 550 off me to pass level 2 in a deer park, He paid a AW to represent Jelen. Now this AW has been taken off the DMQ list for reason I do not know.
    my portfolio was rejected because of being filled out badly and I presume other issues with the AW.
    mike states it's nothing to do with him as he is not at fault whilst he was very happy to take my money and pay the AW. I took the course with Jelen not the AW.
    I know if I paid some one to represent my firm and had there name showing on my web site, My firm would take the blame or put things right.
    Please can all that read this give me there comments.
    Smile and more people will smile with you.

easy, Mike...you're due this chap a refund I'm afraid under the Sale of Goods Act.

cough up..sucks, yes,,but you'll lose in small claims court.

Law of agency may apply, for starters. Premise being 'he who does something through someone else does it himself' or words to that effect. If the AW was agent for Jelen, he was Jelen. If that is the case, also it depends on what you agreed with Mike about what Jelen would/would not provide.

I've not used Jelen, but have only heard positive things. Think you should speak to Mike again as this has the hallmarks of an 'iffy' thread; imho.
    Am sure something can be worked out. Good luck

Pay roll.
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

Mmmm...

Mike and i agree, disagree and agree to disagree on a regular basis..

My first thought is why try to name and shame Mike first before naming the AW and asking him to recompense you.

His name and address will be on your portfolio..
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

The contract is with Jelen, whoever they chose to subcontract the work out to is up to them.

From their website:

The cost of this course is 599.00. This one-off cost will entitle the applicant to:

3-4 deer witnessed for L2. These will be cull deer featuring in the annual deer culling program based firmly on removal of poorer, substandard or sick/injured animals as a matter or priority. usually Roe, Red or Fallow deer.
    All transport whilst on the land, and the use of the Estate rifle if required.
    Approved Witness Service, by 2 two separateApproved Witnesses and portfolio completion, plus help and advice in all aspects of deer culling where required.

If listed AWs were not provided then it is breech of contract. Simple.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Tayfix,
    Do you have a written contract with jelen?

It appears that you are another unfortunate soul who has been let down by the lucrative business of DMQ 2

I don`t know the whole ins and outs but quite simply reading your post it seems that you are a victim of someone selling you something that was not fit for purpose ie. a DMQ level 2 course with a reliable and proficient AW without one you cannot possibly take the course, as you are reliant on the AW being honest and capable of assessing your abilities

Deer park?? 550?? portfolio rejected?? AW took off list?? Without a doubt you need to be talking to Mr Alison with the expectation of a full refund, or, at least the opportunity to take the DMQ level 2 course again with a proficient AW who`s capable of filling out the paperwork correctly

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfix View Post
    Mike Alison of Jelen Deer took 550 off me to pass level 2 in a deer park, He paid a AW to represent Jelen. Now this AW has been taken off the DMQ list for reason I do not know.
    my portfolio was rejected because of being filled out badly and I presume other issues with the AW.
    mike states it's nothing to do with him as he is not at fault whilst he was very happy to take my money and pay the AW. I took the course with Jelen not the AW.
    I know if I paid some one to represent my firm and had there name showing on my web site, My firm would take the blame or put things right.
    Please can all that read this give me there comments.
    Greg,

It seems that you have conveniently forgotten that your portfolio (all except the shot, grallochs and inspections) was filled in some months previously by another AW, who wrote the questions down and then let you take it home to fill in the answers (your words), and this was flagged up to the BDS by the AW. Highly irregular in my view. However, I'm surprised that you haven't mentioned his name on here!!

The fact remains that Jelen provided you with the venue, your three deer (which you culled) witnessed by an AW. I do not believe the AW was at fault as he has provided a full written statement of the events. I have asked you for a written statement too with the view of getting you and the AW together at our office and reaching an amicable solution. You were reluctant to provide anything in writing, and so the informal process couldn't be initiated. I believe your portfolio was in such a mess - and the letter from the BDS assessor to you confirmed that (I still have a copy of that document) - and you think its OUR fault???

I provided you all the paperwork for our official complaints procedure, but you have decided not to follow that procedure for reasons best known to you. I have asked you to direct all future communications in writing as there are gross inconsistencies in the phone conversations between you-BDS, you-AW and you-Jelen.

The DSC2 opportunity offered no guarantees that you would achieve your DSC2. My view is you failed to meet the criteria according to your assessor, the BDS rejected it, and you feel a bit hard done by.

You are still entitled to make an official complaint through the complaints procedure we have in place. The matter would then be dealt with by an independent party. Perhaps you can explain to us why you chose not to do that???

Follow the proper procedures, and if we were in the wrong I will give you a full refund.

Best Regards,

Mike

Mike Allison
    Managing Director - Jelen Deer Services
    01264 811155

Well put Jelan
    Always two sides to a story
    You guys need to help one another

I did my level 2 through Jelen and I must say they were nothing but professional to deal with. Thay made it perfectly clear that there was no guarentee to passing the qualification.