Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any advice for nikon stockists around herefordshire

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries

Any advice for nikon stockists around herefordshire

Hi,

I recently bought a .17hmr with a Nikon prostaff scope. I have lost one of the turret caps. I contacted Nikon - they said go to dealer, went to rfd where purchased, he contacted them, they said you need an account (leads me to think the scope was used - that's a different story). So long story short my local rfd can't get the replacement and I need to get one. Can anyone help or advise.

Cheers
    Joe

I got a spare cap for my old style Prostaff from Jessups in the local high street.
    They called got a price, I paid and it arrived a few days later.
    I would think any decent camera shop that sells nikon could do the same.

Neil.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Great idea! I'll try that.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Dragging this up as I have had no luck with both a camera shop and an RFD neither say they can get hold of the turret caps. So are there any trade members/RFDs on here who could have a go, or at least offer an explanation as to why it isn't possible to get hold of them??

Thanks
    Joe

My understanding is that Nikon recently changed their supply/dealership arrangement and started selling/distributing direct.

For a while stocks ran low everywhere and you couldn't buy a Nikon Prostaff for love nor money.

If that is the case I expect some breakdown in communication is the core of the problem - I will be chatting to one of my local RFDs later today and they stock a lot of Nikon scopes. I can ask them if you like regarding a spare cap - which particular model do you have ?

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    It is a bdc reticule 3-9x40. Any help is greatly appreciated

Try allcocks in stourport in worcestershire .. last time i went in there they had alot of nikon stuff

Quote Originally Posted by joed View Post
    It is a bdc reticule 3-9x40. Any help is greatly appreciated
    I have three of them, and no, you aren't getting any of my turret caps.

I've asked my local RFD who has said he will get back to me - he's usually on the ball so I expect a yes or no probably by tomorrow.

... and no sooner do I post the above that the phone goes...

Bad news - when Nikon stopped distributing through wholesalers all spares were brought back to Nikon, so most small RFDs won't be able to get the parts.

Large Nikon stockists who resell a high value of Nikon products can approach Nikon for spares. If you aren't above a certain value of product turnover threshold you can't get the bits any more

My RFD used to buy his Nikon stock from Highland Outdoors but he doesn't sell enough Nikon products to qualify for attention from Nikon regarding spares.

So it's either find a high turnover Nikon dealer who Nikon will be prepared to entertain, or make the request direct to Nikon and hope you get a better response that you first did.

Sorry - it was worth a bash...

Nikon UK are based in Kingston upon Thames if that helps. Worth a call to customer service?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.