Best stalking binos

cssports

THINKING ABOUT GETTING A NEW PAIR OF GLASSES BEFORE THE BUCKS START, HAD SWAROVSKI, ZEISS RFs, and CURRENTLY USING LEICA ULTRAVIDS... WHAT TYPE DO YOU GUYS RECCOMEND???

my goodness .... you have gone through some binos!

Think you would need to say why your list of ex binos have not done the job ..... think that most people would be happy with any of the above?

Tony

If your using Ultravids why change ????? If you have a pair or two of your old ones please send them to me I will make a use for them. If you ask me I may even pay the postage.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Opticron... perfectly adequate and a fraction of the money.... and you'd have the caché of using something different to the usual run-of-the-mill... swazielcarovskis

I have had the leica range finding ones never again , I now use the Swarovski range 8x42 but to be honest buy once buy Swarovski any 8 or 10 power model.

regards chris

THINKING ABOUT GETTING A NEW PAIR OF GLASSES BEFORE THE BUCKS START, HAD SWAROVSKI, ZEISS RFs, and CURRENTLY USING LEICA ULTRAVIDS... WHAT TYPE DO YOU GUYS RECCOMEND???

Wow if your still not spotting deer after the list above , get your eyes tested mate ..don't think you can get better than you've had .:D

Get one of these and you'll be able to see deer in different galaxies!

http://spacetelescope.org/ :D

Actually I get what you do. I think. Like some of us just need to change rifles, because there's more out there to own, you need to change binoculars. I guess. It could be rifles, scopes, cars, women, whatever floats your boat.

I also think a bit more home work in field craft is needed by you.:D

I have had the leica range finding ones never again , I now use the Swarovski range 8x42 but to be honest buy once buy Swarovski any 8 or 10 power model.

regards chris

Out of interest Chris, why would you never use the Leica Geovids again. I have got a pair and would never be without them. I am a great advocate of them and I am on the look out for another pair for a friend who wants some.

Cheers

The 50mm Swarovski EL and the 56mm Zeiss Victory FL are great stalking binoculars, but for current 'state of the art' I would try out the 8x Zeiss Victory HT or the 8x Leica Geovid HD-B.

Someone recently posted the results of a test where they actually measured the performance of range finding binos. From what I recall the Leica HD-B and Zeiss came out tops for their glass.

Given that it must be concluded that your definition of the best stalking bino might be somewhat unique and it might be useful if you would outline your exact requirements.

Out of interest Chris, why would you never use the Leica Geovids again. I have got a pair and would never be without them. I am a great advocate of them and I am on the look out for another pair for a friend who wants some.

Cheers

I've had nothing but good experiences with the Leica's, same as 270 Buck, everyone's eyes and expectations are different. My only gripe with the Leica's would be the lens caps breaking, still can't find replacements.........
Really tough to give any advice as you seems to have covered most peoples bucket list binos.

Back