Thread: Gotcha!

Gotcha!

A girl who works on a farm I shoot at called me Wednesday to say a fox had killed 5 ducks right in front of her in broad daylight and no amount of throwing things at it or shooing it off made any difference.

We went down that night but there was no sign of it. Thursday we saw him but he stayed close to the house, so there was no safe shot.

Friday lunchtime another call. 2 more ducks killed in broad daylight.

In desperation I went down Friday with my trusty shotgun and played the waiting game. I hid behind a shed near the house. In the distance I could hear a fox "yip-yipping" but the next call was definitely nearer, or was it? It yipped again and it was a lot closer. It must have been running down the lane because next minute it came though the hedge about 70 yards from me, running straight towards me.

When it was about 40 yards away, and still running towards me, I brought the gun up. I could see it clearly in the moonlight and I pulled the trigger. 42g of 1's stopped it dead in it's tracks.

Big old dog fox.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 170114s.jpg  
    Last edited by walshie; 19-01-2014 at 14:40.

Nice 1 mate ,keep at them

And the Medal for the most popular shooter in Surrey on Friday most definitely went to Walshie! I bet you got a good adrenalin rush when you saw him running towards you?
    Good effort.

Baguio

Great result Walshie, I hope the farm girl expressed her gratitude.............

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    And the Medal for the most popular shooter in Surrey on Friday most definitely went to Walshie! I bet you got a good adrenalin rush when you saw him running towards you?
    Good effort.

Baguio
    Thanks. Yes, I did get a bit of a flutter.
    Last edited by walshie; 23-01-2014 at 12:35.