Thread: dSC1 support

dSC1 support

Hi. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a grant from anywhere to take their DSC1? I would really love to do it but sadly I am not in a position currently to do so. I know it is highly unlikely but thought it was worth asking the question.

SD Regular
    This forum has been known to support people. Keep watching and contributing and another opportunity may arise.

Not aware of outside bodies, other than places of work, sponsoring applications.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Not sure of current state of play on the Sd bursary scheme - Jayb?

In Scotland there are ILAs and some centres accept them. Also aware that there seem to be various Local Council grants available - seems to vary from place to place.

I also believe the BDS offer a grant/ bursary?

If I hear more., I'll revert.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Thank you very much. Do you think the pre DSC1 course is worth doing?

Holding my breath for Jayb response... Thanks for your advice. Do you know if the pre Dsc1 course is worth doing?
    i am doing everything I can to gather as much knowledge as possible. Appreciate it will be hard work but will put everything into it. I am the first in my family to shoot and the only lady amongst my friends but I absolutely adore the experience I have had so far and i have made many genuine friends. Understanding the natural order of things and mans place in ensuring that continues in a healthy and balanced way is so interesting. To have a greater understanding and for stalking to become a part of my life would be amazing..

I can't see any need for a pre-DSC1 course. The DSC1 is a course in itself.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

I found the DSC1 an enjoyable course and its surprising how much you learn

In terms of pre courses, courses etc - quite heavily covered in other posts - it ultimately depends upon you.

Keep in mind the DSC1 is a foundation level scheme - always intended to be a route into stalking, not an exclusion. Only you really know best what tends to work for you in terms of learning and not least what you enjoy. Putting respectfully aside the view of some that these things are a fundamental scam of sorts - it is often overlooked that courses are a useful way to network, meet other stalkers, learn and every so often are actually fun .

Perhaps have a look at some of the free online resources available and take a view as to the extent of learning support you feel you would like.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

I am hoping to have news on this years bursary by the end of the weekend, I will post as soon as I have an answer, so please do not bombard me with PM's asking about it . When I know you will know.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I can't see any need for a pre-DSC1 course. The DSC1 is a course in itself.
    +1
    Andrew