Thread: Best ar type 22lr

Best ar type 22lr

Hi everyone,

Just wondering on peoples opinions on which ar/military type 22 is best? I am going to go to the shooting show in February to potentially buy so just wanted to have a rough idea of pros and con's etc,

Thanks

Tom

Depends on what you mean by best, what you want it for and how deep your pockets are!.

Quality wise Lantac are very nicely made but also expensive, Sig 522's are very nice but the latest versions have a few reports of feed problems from poor magazine fit.

If you want a mid priced very reliable AR style 22lr then I'd go for a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22, made out of polymer they are light but very strong, they will feed just about any type of ammo reliably and are certainly more accurate that I am!. And the best bit, they can be had for just under 600
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    Depends on what you mean by best, what you want it for and how deep your pockets are!.

Quality wise Lantac are very nicely made but also expensive, Sig 522's are very nice but the latest versions have a few reports of feed problems from poor magazine fit.

If you want a mid priced very reliable AR style 22lr then I'd go for a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22, made out of polymer they are light but very strong, they will feed just about any type of ammo reliably and are certainly more accurate that I am!. And the best bit, they can be had for just under 600
    +1 for the 15/22

Heckler & Koch 146d very well made by Walther Acurate too

HK 22 Rimfire - 416 D145RS

So will they all cycle sub's OK or is that a no go?

My 15-22 cycles subs, great gun

Bradley Arms .22LR
    SGC V-22 .22LR
    The lack of second hand available endorses these as generally being 'keepers'.

The rest are just 'toys' and lack 'real' barrels, not to say they are not exceptional fun.

Link to previous thread on the same:
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...t=Bradley+Arms
    Last edited by RickoShay; 20-01-2014 at 23:22. Reason: add link
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942