Where would you go?

Can you shoot all the year round in these countries?
Ie, in Britain we can shoot deer all year round as well as vermin, is this the case in some of the countries mentioned. I only ask as we have relatives in Vancouver and our Daughter looks like settling in Nova Scotia,so could be spending quite some considerable time there..

N

I have heard that Vancouver has a lot of similarities to parts of NZ. Got family out on Vancouver island, so I really should try and see for myself.

You can shoot most game here in NZ year round. The birds have seasons, but that is about the only restriction I can think of.
Also, unlike parts of the USA and Canada (I believe), NZ does not have the restriction of the tag system, so you can shoot what you want, restricted only by personal moral/ethical limits

Last edited:
I have heard that Vancouver has a lot of similarities to parts of NZ. Got family out on Vancouver island, so I really should try and see for myself.

You can shoot most game here in NZ year round. The birds have seasons, but that is about the only restriction I can think of.
Also, unlike parts of the USA and Canada (I believe), NZ does not have the restriction of the tag system, so you can shoot what you want, restricted only by personal moral/ethical limits

And the size of your freezer.:lol:

new Zealand sounds good to me , we will probably end up out there in the end ,this island is getting as as bad as the one i was born on and left in the 80s :doh:lol , at least no one has called me blood yet

I can't believe you would consider leaving the county of Devon!
Having said that a few years ago we were exploring the idea of living in NZ, but i have still got to visit there so can't give any advice on that.
I have heard great things about Vancouver, but my heart is in Montana, great country people, but getting a green card would be a huge hurdle to overcome.
Cheers
Richard

I like Devon, and spent many very happy hols there with our kids.
I had a young couple visit today who are here on hols from Cornwall. They are loving every minute despite an unseasonal storm. The guy could not believe that he was issued with a visitors firearms license five minutes after getting off the plane, no questions asked. One of their first observations was the amount of relative freedom we have here when it comes to hunting, boating etc.

The high country in North East Victoria is where I moved to It all that sharky said and more.From where I live i can travel to any point on the compass for half an hour and I am able to hunt or fish. Yes sometimes the weather is extreme, Nothing is perfect.!! I am here for good or untill I fall of the Perch. and my maker takes me

Back