Thread: gutted

gutted

Went to visit the in-laws today and they told me a friend of theirs is trying to re-home a 3.5 year old Semi-working cocker bitch to a good home for free. Absolutely gutted as me and the wife would have taken her in a heartbeat, except we need to get our new house sorted out first which will be March at the very earliest.
    Win some lose some, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
    Went to visit the in-laws today and they told me a friend of theirs is trying to re-home a 3.5 year old Semi-working cocker bitch to a good home for free. Absolutely gutted as me and the wife would have taken her in a heartbeat, except we need to get our new house sorted out first which will be March at the very earliest.
    Where there`s a will there`s a way.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

I once took my under a week old twins with me to go and get a terrier lined, as the other reply says where there is a will. Look at the half full glass mate

Just think get it now and it will have settled by the time you sort the house.

Problem is the current house is totally unsuitable (no garden, and an hour commute for both me and the wife to work, making for a very bored and unhappy dog) and the "New house" is still hypothetical depending on Mrs SimpleSimon getting transferred for work. We are moving, but we don't know exactly where to.
    I've tried to convince the father in law to have her until we get sorted, but he isn't keen and it wouldn't really be fair on the dog to go through 3 homes in 3 months. I think I'll tell the owner we'll have her in March if nobody else takes her first. Better than packing her off to the RSPCA or somewhere if they can hold on for a while! I'm not sure what the circumstances are why the owners don't want her, if it's not urgent we might be in luck.

The owners could try Working Cocker rescue, they are based in Somerset www.workingcockerspanielrescue.co.uk Otherwise get the dog, take it to work with you, walk it when you get there, at lunch and at the end of the day (assuming you have a safe place to keep the dog during the day)
    Work them hard, treat them like heros.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
    Where in the midlands are you
    Supporting the BRITISH DEER SOCIETY

Quote Originally Posted by Bomag View Post
    The owners could try Working Cocker rescue, they are based in Somerset www.workingcockerspanielrescue.co.uk Otherwise get the dog, take it to work with you, walk it when you get there, at lunch and at the end of the day (assuming you have a safe place to keep the dog during the day)
    I'll pass that website on, cheers.
    I would do as you suggest, but work for me is a 25 mile trip each way... By motorcycle!

Muntjac, I'm in Sutton Coldfield area.

Get a topbox or sidecar!!!
    Work them hard, treat them like heros.