Thread: Help Needed! Sheep Pelvis

Help Needed! Sheep Pelvis

Anyone got a prosthetic sheep pelvis for sale or know where they can be bought? Thoughts that you could get pelvis from the slaughterhouse and then boil/bleach them didnt work so looking for some man made version..

Or someone with a 3D printer who can copy one!!

Any help or info appreciated.

Hi mate,

I use real ones for teaching purposes. Boiled 'til clean, reassembled and mounted using epoxy resin. Have had great difficulty sourcing replacement internal parts for the creation of a proper artificial ewe (pvc vagina, cervix, uterus etc, surrounded by water filled inflatable jacket), so I look after the one I've got very well!

I might have a spare boiled out pelvis in the shed somewhere, if it's any help. I'll have a look.
    When do you need it by, and what's it for?

Its for my other half, shes doing some presentation and needs one before lambing time. If you have got one in tact and spare, that would be great..?

If you go walking on the moors its not an uncommon sight.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfisherman View Post
    Its for my other half, shes doing some presentation and needs one before lambing time. If you have got one in tact and spare, that would be great..?
    Yep, had a look and have got one spare.
    All intact, but a bit discoloured - you might want to bleach it, but I think it's ok as it is.

pm your details and I can pop it in the post.

Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 20-01-2014 at 19:00.

Do you have a hunt kennel nearby that accepts fallen stock? It would be easier for them to save you one that an abattoir.

All sorted now, thank you VSS for your help. Will drop you a PM.

Ben

Glad to be able to help