Police - Shoot to kill, BBC1 2030

Reminder set.
Not going to miss this although I think it may be the type of show where I end up shouting at the telly:confused:

I agree, however the police are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Anyone who has been away on Telic or Herrick and been out and about will tell you that you do have a split second sometimes to make a big decision and whether its right or wrong, no one else can tell you if you cant shoot, theres not enough time to ask everyones opinion! ... and lets face it, they dont shoot any one for no GOOD REASON.

I agree, however the police are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Anyone who has been away on Telic or Herrick and been out and about will tell you that you do have a split second sometimes to make a big decision and whether its right or wrong, no one else can tell you if you cant shoot, theres not enough time to ask everyones opinion! ... and lets face it, they dont shoot any one for no GOOD REASON.

Well put mate

Yip totally well misinformed .

Shoot to kill has been put into so many different court cases in northen Ireland .

Ive always taken a view if and when law enforcement or military,have to point a weapon at someone, they are shooting to kill ,because thats what bullets do," kill" ,one of the reasons behind the British forces dropped caliber to 5.56 in the late 80s (opinion bad move) it takes three people out of the equation on the battle field 7.62 didn't make casualties it filled body bags .

Unbelievable... what more can you say!!

An unenviable job whereby the culmination of your training put to effect will immediately see you taken from the job you love and the dogs unleashed upon you..

Two good mates in.. not sure it would be for most people

I did it for several years and there is at least one other SD regular who is still doing it. One of my oppo's shot dead a crazy guy with a samurai sword in Liverpool and the **** he had to go through was unreal.

Was proper feckin' exciting at times though! :D

you have to love the presenter " the we're only armed with poorley maintained handguns" o that's alright then.

They are not running around shooting innocent people, it's hardened criminals with guns we are talking about.

The police should be applauded for shooting these scum.

The police should not need to defend themselves for protecting all of us.

Funny how the poor guys in uniform were expected to twinkle toe around the fekin scumbags whose cars held illegal firearms and one who was wanted for questioning in regards to a double stabbing.

Good on the OB.... you wana play plastic gangster, don't throw your weapon away and expect to be treated like snow white..

The scumbags playing that game need to acknowledge they will be treated as such.

The sniper taking out the two scumbags holding up some poor innocent bloke going about his job..... Chuffin great... they were armed and got exactly what they deserved.

I didn't agree however on the stop outside the pub....

Fairly well balanced I thought

Guy walking down a London street with a table leg in a bag..taking for repair...shot dead by armed police. They thought it was a shotgun!...was a few years ago now....seems nothing has changed!

I wasn't allowed to watch it. Mrs HS goes mad at me shouting at the telly. Same with Question Time, I have to watch it in the kitchen! :D

I have always been told it is. There will always be controversy where the public are concerned. I bet they would change their minds if the streets become lawless with increased gun crime. I salute every officer with that huge responsibility.

I was querying the veracity of the not-infrequently repeated concept that the armies which changed rifles from 7.62 to 5.56 did so because whereas 7.62 kills and puts one man out of action, 5.56 wounds and therefore renders the casualty and two of his pals hors de combat.

Back