Dog insurance for an 8 year old springer??

reelme

can anyone recommend dog insurance as i've just had my latest renewal for her through and it's £600 !!!!:eek:
cheers
Darren

Who's that with? Is it a for life policy?

That's only £50 per month, which with some conditions could be excellent value for money!

Remember if you change companies anything the dog has ever been seen for before will not be covered.

thanks for the reply
It's with Petplan and a life policy with lots of working dog cover bits and bobs ! like you say it is only £50 a month but just wondered what everyone else pays and who they use?:D

Insurance on my wire was from two quotes one 68 and the other 79 per month from a puppy

I put the money (80.00) in a jar each month, when year has passed it goes in the holiday fund, this is the second year and it hasn't been touched (yet) for the dog vets bills, not tempting fate I hope.

atb

phil

Insurance on my wire was from two quotes one 68 and the other 79 per month from a puppy

I put the money (80.00) in a jar each month, when year has passed it goes in the holiday fund, this is the second year and it hasn't been touched (yet) for the dog vets bills, not tempting fate I hope.

atb

phil
Same here I have three dogs the oldest is 11 years old and only been to the vets once and that was for a minor thing. If I have to spend any thing she still has not cost a lot the next one is 8 years and the last 6 months.

After keeping springers for the last 30yrs and usually 2or 3 at a time I never have had a major vet bill............that is until 4 wks ago.

Ruptured cruciate, going to be just short of 3k when I ve finished,and no insurance! I know its a lot of money but would have paid thousands more in insurance costs over the years so Iam

happy to pay,and no I will not be insuring any of my dogs in the future,as said you may as well put some money in a pot just in case !!

atb

phil

A perfectly valid technique if you have the willpower, BUT for gods sake don't spend it after a year.

If you have a pot of 3-5 thousand that would see most things through.

If you have lots of money in the bank then no need for insurance.

Ruptured cruciate, going to be just short of 3k when I ve finished,and no insurance!

Had this happen to one of mine a couple of years ago so know how it goes.

There wasn't a Vet in the Highlands who could perform the type of surgery we needed, so we had to go to all the way to East Neuk Vet Clinic in Fife. They were amazing, i've never seen such proffesionalism! If anyone on here is local to them (actually even if they're not!) and have a dog in need of surgery, i'd highly recommend them.

We ended up paying a LOT of money (we had no insurance at the time!) to have TPLO performed on both knees, and watching how brutal the recovery was, wondered if we'd done the right thing. With hindsight there's no question - he bounced back from the surgery and made a full recovery.

All my dogs are now insured with PetPlan.

Back