.222 brass

gonefoxin

hi im starting out in the world of home loads, is there any difference in once fired brass make ie sako, remmi norma,
as ive loads of empty and want re-load them, which brand is better and why?
also where can I get "new .222 brass from?"
cheers Will

Personal taste a lot of the time
recent post showed Norma make an awful lot of brass for other firms
once fired brass will do just fine and last a long time if you don't insist on running hot loads and FL sizing every time

I'm onto my 5th loadings on Remington brass at the moment.. no signs of wear yet
and primer pocket still tight.

Not the best brass mind you and found quite a few defective pieces when FL sizing
them before their first load.

I'm onto my 5th loadings on Remington brass at the moment.. no signs of wear yet
and primer pocket still tight.

Not the best brass mind you and found quite a few defective pieces when FL sizing
them before their first load.

I've always used Lapua match 222 brass as I got 50 with the rifle and have 150 on the go at the moment. Recently I paid £60 for 600 once fired Remington cases (from factory ammo) and have been pleasantly surprised by how good it is as I really don't like it for 25-06. I didn't have to change/re-work my loads as it shoots to the same point of impact as the Lapua brass on 40/50 grain v-max and on Hornady 55 grain SP's.

I had 60 factory RWS 50 grain T-mantel rounds that shot great but when I full length sized the cases I ended up with a very pronounced ridge at the bottom of the case where the die stopped sizing. This has never happened on any other case using the same die and there was no change to the die setting.

One mate uses federal and Sako brass from factory ammo in his 222 and really likes that and another swears by Winchester.

Rick

Back