Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 100m 6 lane indoor fullbore range between Livingston and Edinburgh

100m 6 lane indoor fullbore range between Livingston and Edinburgh

Just speaking to the owner of Morton Clay Targets nr Livingston today who is in the process of building a 6 lane 100m indoor full bore range.Hoping to have it up and running for spring.Will keep everyone posted,going for a site preview next week.

Morton Clay Targets | Morton Clay Targets
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

Sounds good

yeah keep us up to date on this one!!

this is becoming a bit like the 'driving range' fad in the '80's and '90's...

eventually people find out that it's just wasting time and money, and going out 'on the course' is actually a lot more fun! ...and yes, I do realise that zeroing and practice 'is' important in ethical shooting of deer...

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    this is becoming a bit like the 'driving range' fad in the '80's and '90's...

eventually people find out that it's just wasting time and money, and going out 'on the course' is actually a lot more fun! ...and yes, I do realise that zeroing and practice 'is' important in ethical shooting of deer...

Its a 200,000 fad !!!!!
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

lucky gits wished we had one in Essex i have to drive 110 each way for that type of range with one lane !

Quote Originally Posted by mark-joppa View Post
    Just speaking to the owner of Morton Clay Targets nr Livingston today who is in the process of building a 6 lane 100m indoor full bore range.Hoping to have it up and running for spring.Will keep everyone posted,going for a site preview next week.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-joppa View Post

I fancied building one of these too, but the costs are very difficult to justify, make that "prohibitive", in every business model I could construct. MCT is only 15 miles away from me so I guess they must have come up with some funding that I couldn't get or they're just much more optimistic. Good luck to them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    I fancied building one of these too, but the costs are very difficult to justify, make that "prohibitive", in every business model I could construct. MCT is only 15 miles away from me so I guess they must have come up with some funding that I couldn't get or they're just much more optimistic. Good luck to them anyway.

The lad building it puts his money where his mouth is !!. 15 inch thick shuttered concrete walls !!!.

He has already put in 200 tonnes of hard core for the concrete base.Hardly a Golf Range as stated on a previous reply.
    I can only see it being an assist to many in the area , open 7 days , 10 hours a day.

I went and had a look at this a couple weeks back. They seem to know what they're doing technically and have done a lot of research. However, as Tamus indicated, it's really not clear where the money is coming from nor how the business plan will really work. He was claiming that he was going to be charging 15 an hour per lane, but I suspect that will go up rather a lot.

But it will be lovely to have somewhere close by to do some target practice without an hour's drive out to a muddy field.

5 min from my house canny wait ,was speaking to Paul thinks it should be open around march time.

thay came here to see mine , and to get ideas , hope it opens up good luck

all the best
    mike

ZEISS PRO STALKER