100m 6 lane indoor fullbore range between Livingston and Edinburgh

this is becoming a bit like the 'driving range' fad in the '80's and '90's...

eventually people find out that it's just wasting time and money, and going out 'on the course' is actually a lot more fun! ...and yes, I do realise that zeroing and practice 'is' important in ethical shooting of deer...

this is becoming a bit like the 'driving range' fad in the '80's and '90's...

eventually people find out that it's just wasting time and money, and going out 'on the course' is actually a lot more fun! ...and yes, I do realise that zeroing and practice 'is' important in ethical shooting of deer...

Its a £200,000 fad !!!!!

Just speaking to the owner of Morton Clay Targets nr Livingston today who is in the process of building a 6 lane 100m indoor full bore range.Hoping to have it up and running for spring.Will keep everyone posted,going for a site preview next week.

Morton Clay Targets | Morton Clay Targets

I fancied building one of these too, but the costs are very difficult to justify, make that "prohibitive", in every business model I could construct. MCT is only 15 miles away from me so I guess they must have come up with some funding that I couldn't get or they're just much more optimistic. Good luck to them anyway.

I fancied building one of these too, but the costs are very difficult to justify, make that "prohibitive", in every business model I could construct. MCT is only 15 miles away from me so I guess they must have come up with some funding that I couldn't get or they're just much more optimistic. Good luck to them anyway.

The lad building it puts his money where his mouth is !!. 15 inch thick shuttered concrete walls !!!.

He has already put in 200 tonnes of hard core for the concrete base.Hardly a Golf Range as stated on a previous reply.
I can only see it being an assist to many in the area , open 7 days , 10 hours a day.

I went and had a look at this a couple weeks back. They seem to know what they're doing technically and have done a lot of research. However, as Tamus indicated, it's really not clear where the money is coming from nor how the business plan will really work. He was claiming that he was going to be charging £15 an hour per lane, but I suspect that will go up rather a lot.

But it will be lovely to have somewhere close by to do some target practice without an hour's drive out to a muddy field.

I was speaking to Paul at Morton last November when they had started scraping the ground for the range.
It was a busy day for him and I didn't get time for a lot of info other than it was an 8 lane 100yd range.
I'm no long back into the country so has anyone chinned him about caliber restrictions. memberhip fees/ discounts.
I'm not familiar with range pricing, is £15 a bit steep or about standard.

Could become the home of Scottish 100m benchrest. Lots of former pistol guys who don't stalk, want an avenue back into shooting sports that doesn't involve getting wet or cold. They also like gadgets and shiny things and tend to have a bit of disposable income. I wish him well.

Just what is needed for tuning your rifle / checking loads especially for all rifle shooters in South Scotland whose permissions are a longer distance away than 45 mins. It is an excellent idea as getting a reasonable day's weather in a Scottish Winter to try out your rifle is never easy.

I would certainly use the facility at that quoted cost.

Alan

Sounds good Mark hopefully it will take of well because I for 1 would defo prefer that to lying in a soaking wet field.

All the best with it !!
Anything that helps or promotes shooting gets my vote!

Now just need one here in Angus !!!!!! :)

Paul

Back