Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangfinding Binoculars

Rangfinding Binoculars

Hi Guys, just looking for some feedback from guys with rf binos. I have decided to treat myself to a set of rangefinder binos. I'm looking at Geovid HD 8x42, Swaro EL Range 8x42 and the Zeiss Victory 8x45. Whats the best? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers BB

I would recommend having a look at the Pulsar Expert LRF, for the money (a fraction of the Swaro's) they offer remarkable performance and the laser range finder is first class.

I have a demo pair here if you want to "try before you buy"

Expert LRF 8x40

Best Regards

Paul

What's best is always subjective and difficult to answer considering the top end lineup you've selected. Personally I use the Swarovski EL Range 8x42. For me they were the best optically, they're compact, robust and the laser works very well. The new Leica Geivid HD-B look nice and the built in ballistic compensator sounds pretty cool too.

BB

I will echo what A J has already said about subjectivity.

We will all have our opinions, and mine is based on having bought Swaro 10x42 EL-Rs, so already you have 3 choices from 3 responses!

Best bet is to get hands on with as many as possible. The Shooting Show next month would be a good bet...

Good luck, and try to enjoy the madness that is on its way
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Hi Guys, just looking for some feedback from guys with rf binos. I have decided to treat myself to a set of rangefinder binos. I'm looking at Geovid HD 8x42, Swaro EL Range 8x42 and the Zeiss Victory 8x45. Whats the best? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers BB
    For this kind of money, you really need to try them out. I've used 2 out of the three you list. There was a review published on the 6br site recently, but it didn't include Swarovski.

Regards

JCS

Thanks guys, i have had a look through the swaros and really liked them, i have had a look through the bigger zeiss (8x56 i think) and they were very bulky but obviously the 8x45's wont be as bulky as that and i have had a look at the older geovids and liked them also!!! its a nice decision to have to make but its bloody hard chosing

You need to get hold of some to try in your normal shooting conditions. optically v little between them, down to personnal preference, I choose leica over Zeiss much more ergonomic and 4 yrs faultless performance.

D

Swarovski EL Range 10x42 would get my vote.

+ 1 for 10 x 42

I have the Zeiss 8x56 RF and they are superb. They agree with me, other people prefer Swarovski or Leika, my advise to you is try before you buy, if you can!