Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Range Fees: How much?

Range Fees: How much?

I was just reading the thread about the new indoor range near Livingstone, and noticed the price (15 per hour) and was wondering what the rates are at other ranges (both indoor and out) elsewhere in the UK and Europe.

I have two ranges that I use for zeroing and practice. One is outdoors and costs about 5 per hour. The other has a set up where you shoot from a shed (there are doors for each lane) to electronically scored targets outdoors. This costs about 20p per shot if you buy a card with 100 shots, though prices go down slightly if you buy one with more shots).

How much does range time cost at your local range?

Cheers
    T_T

I know of one outdoor range about 45mins from me that charges 15 per hour to hire it. There is an indoor 100y range a little bit closer to me but they charge 36 per hour!

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    I know of one outdoor range about 45mins from me that charges 15 per hour to hire it. There is an indoor 100y range a little bit closer to me but they charge 36 per hour!
    yes I know that range ..............
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

West London shooting school is 100 per hour, too rich for my blood,think IIRC last time I used Minsterley it was 20 per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan_Terrier View Post
    I was just reading the thread about the new indoor range near Livingstone, and noticed the price (15 per hour) and was wondering what the rates are at other ranges (both indoor and out) elsewhere in the UK and Europe.

I have two ranges that I use for zeroing and practice. One is outdoors and costs about 5 per hour. The other has a set up where you shoot from a shed (there are doors for each lane) to electronically scored targets outdoors. This costs about 20p per shot if you buy a card with 100 shots, though prices go down slightly if you buy one with more shots).

How much does range time cost at your local range?

Cheers
    T_T
    The DMG I am part of has just looked at arranging some range days for the Members, based on a min. of 10 participants.
    Prices quoted:
    20 per person per day: Range work, running boar targets, unlimited shots
    25 per person per day: Range work, mock stalk with targets
    30 per person per day: 'Mock' BDS advanced marksman test, lunch, presentation by the estate owner, tour of the estate, optional (extra) stalk available.
    180 per person per day: 50M-300M range work and instruction
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Why not become a member of a rifle club. Monmouth Rifle Club is only 60 a year with no range fees. The range is indoor and 100yds with four firing points.

http://monmouthrifleclub.co.uk/
    Last edited by 8x57; 22-01-2014 at 10:56.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Why not become a member of a rifle club. Monmouth Rifle Club is only 60 a year with no range fees. The range is indoor and 100yds with four firing points.

http://monmouthrifleclub.co.uk/
    Looks nice, particularly in the winter.

What's on the 100yd Range Safety Certificate?
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    Looks nice, particularly in the winter.

What's on the 100yd Range Safety Certificate?
    It's a life-saver in the winter. Although being a disused tunnel, it isn't waterproof and I've arrived before to find fog in there !

Always been told we can use anything up to .50BMG, although .338Lapua is the biggest I've heard discussed.

Club range near me, 150yd, 100yd & 50yd ranges certificated to 0.50cal. 20 per day.

NRA Bisley charges vary from 19.50 to 48.50 per half day depending on whether am or pm and low or high season.