Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: spanners and trolley jack

spanners and trolley jack

Hi. I am hoping to get a set of spanners for my birthday and my trolley jack is on its last so what would you guys suggest to get. Will be used for servicing / maintaining our skoda and land rover. Ideally set of spanners from 6 - 32 mm and trolley jack under 100 quid. Thanks for your time

Pete

If you are likely to be around Chester at all, you can call in & take a box of spanners away with you, Long as you don't take me Snap - on stuff!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I've found the Halfords tools I've got to be fair quality for the price. Of course they won't compete with a brand like Snap-on, but if you wait around they have offers on all the time, I got mine with 50% off. Not for a pro, but fine for all my motorbike and car odd jobs.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
    I've found the Halfords tools I've got to be fair quality for the price. Of course they won't compete with a brand like Snap-on, but if you wait around they have offers on all the time, I got mine with 50% off. Not for a pro, but fine for all my motorbike and car odd jobs.
    Teng tools. Fraction of the price of snap off... not as polished... but same lifetime replacement guarantee

If you look round the car boot sales, you may be lucky to find some Kamasa stuff, even I couldn't bust em'!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

costco do some cracking trolley jacks
    I have a 3 ton low profile high lift jack which weighs a bloody ton
    seem to remember it being £40 odd quid

you will be needing an angle grinder and a caterers blow torch to get the seized landy nuts and bolts off as well!!

Very kind offer but not planning on a trip that way just yet

Seized landy nuts and bolts not a problem as they have just rusted away. I will put some photos of the wreckage of the titanic on here later
    Last edited by pj1; 23-01-2014 at 19:30.

a second vote for teng spanners here ,great tools that last and don't wreck your knuckles
    a barony original

r you avin a laugh give some p....h, no slur intended brilliant people hard working and concentious lad a tenner and he will rebuild it for you ,i nearly fell of my chair just by the thought of it, whats the world coming to ,sheesh!.
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 23-01-2014 at 19:41.

no need for spanners on some of it. just gave it a hard stare and it fell apart

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	251.0 KB 
ID:	37093Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	337.4 KB 
ID:	37094Click image for larger version. 

Name:	047.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	396.1 KB 
ID:	37095