Vihtavuori poweder for 6.5x55

6mmAI

as above what would be the best Vihtavuori powder to push a 120grain bullet (head :stir: ) out of a 6.5x55?

cheers charlie

Interesting, don't want to hijack your question, but I'm curious to hear the responses, I've got some N160 for 120g Barnes ttsx in my 6.5x55, which I hear is good powder for this combo! Anybody loading these?
B

part tubs,

does anyone have any part tubs of vihtavuori n160 and n560 I could buy to try to find what my 6.5x55 like best?

cheers charlie

vita powders are very popular but getting harder to find as most people use the same ones, has anyone else found this? or are they just in short supply at the moment

as above what would be the best Vihtavuori powder to push a 120grain bullet (head :stir: ) out of a 6.5x55?

cheers charlie
hi what length barrel have you got,i have a tikka t3 20" barrel i was using n560 with 140 grain sst i was only getting 2450 fps i then spoke to mike norris he told me to try rl17 it works much better in a short barrel iam now getting 2650 fps 140 grain sst

cheers charlie

Why not just go to the horse's mouth ?

Google "vihtavuori edition 10 reloading guide" and all will be revealed.

Assuming you haven't done the obvious already ? :rolleyes:

I suspect they know their own powders rather better than any particular individual user.

And of all calibres, you might expect their data on 6.5x55 to be comprehensive.

hi what length barrel have you got,i have a tikka t3 20" barrel i was using n560 with 140 grain sst i was only getting 2450 fps i then spoke to mike norris he told me to try rl17 it works much better in a short barrel iam now getting 2650 fps 140 grain sst

I have a tikka t3 synthetic blued, 20" (1 in 8" twist I think)

Why not just go to the horse's mouth ?

Google "vihtavuori edition 10 reloading guide" and all will be revealed.

Assuming you haven't done the obvious already ? :rolleyes:

I suspect they know their own powders rather better than any particular individual user.

And of all calibres, you might expect their data on 6.5x55 to be comprehensive.

I have done that, but no doubt every thing was perfect... with the best components, that's why I have asked on here, rather than buy the 6 different types of powders they say for £77/ kg ish. to find only one or maybe two will work "the best"

RL17, aka Elcho 17 at £50-55 per Kg.

+1 on that. Elcho 17 powder next, think there kilo tubs - 2.2lbs!

Last edited:
Back