Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beaters dayH

Beaters dayH

Hi chaps,

Got my first beaters day next Saturday and just wondering if I should tip my keeper for inviting me?

have asked other people and they have said no but I'm unsure, so if any keepers could put me straight that would be grand.

thanks

Nathan

This was done last week mate.http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...018#post715018
    However, like on the above thread I suggest that you ask the regulars what the score is. You will not go far wrong then.
    Baguio

its his way of saying thanks lads , no tip, but you could take a bottle of sloe gin and hand it round , just have a good day and enjoy it, but most of all show you are safe ,and dont treat them as vermin ( not that i think you would for one minute),hope you have a cracker , atb arron.

no don't
    a barony original

no need to tip as others have said its a thanks to the troops, just go with flow enjoy be safe oh and enjoy!

Nathan...no
    Respect the quarry, go where your placed and dont worry that you might not be in the gravy in the morning as the afternoon will belong to the second team.
    Shake hands and thank him for a great day.
    Are you beating tomorrow? If so I'll see you there.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Just go and enjoy the day, it's your reward for working during the season, no tips required.
    Tikka T3 .223, Browning A-Bolt .270

I've been on a driven day before chaps so know the script with regards to sporting birds etc just unsure as it's my first beaters day.

I always take take a cake with me anyway but will be taking a bottle of sloe with me, game pie and cake, fruit and coffee, I spoil them!!!

And no tony unfortunately not, I've got to work, I may be there on Wednesday though if you are

thaanks chaps

nathan
    Quote Originally Posted by landkeeper View Post
    no don't

Beaters day can sometimes be slightly different to a normal driven day
    Sometimes on a keepers day 'sporting birds' can go out the window folk that u have beat with all season become rather desperate to kill anything and everthing.

Stick to ur guns and stick to shooting birds u would noramally shoot and don't lower urself to others stanards.
    Have a great day,but listen to any rules the keeper tells u in the morning possibly about hens, birds going back or shooting in the beating line most estates will have there own rules and ways they do things

How's ur spaniel doing? Had it out much?

Coming on fantastic mate bar nearly having her nose broken on Wednesday, walking to heel I didn't realise she was there as I had sent her out and cracked her with the flag, blood everywhere! God I felt terrible, and she is **** scared of the flag now poor little bugger. Going to give her the rest of the season now, we have two days left and might see if she'll sit still whilst I shoot,wishful thinking I think.

shes on cold game now too, hoping she may get a retrieve before the end of the season. Her quartering is very nice too and her obidence as good as any lab her age.

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    Beaters day can sometimes be slightly different to a normal driven day
    Sometimes on a keepers day 'sporting birds' can go out the window folk that u have beat with all season become rather desperate to kill anything and everthing.

Stick to ur guns and stick to shooting birds u would noramally shoot and don't lower urself to others stanards.
    Have a great day,but listen to any rules the keeper tells u in the morning possibly about hens, birds going back or shooting in the beating line most estates will have there own rules and ways they do things

How's ur spaniel doing? Had it out much?