How to stay warm in a highseat overnight

Cheapest may well be one of those quilted/padded fishermans' all in one suits
For early morning I use rusky bibs, sorel boots and as many layers as I can get under my jacket! Not sure about overnighting in it though, brrrr

Grab a load of cheap hand warmers (20 for £10), one in each boot and then one in your gloves and finally one in each hand warmer pocket. Then providing you have good layers you will be warm as anything :)

A good hot curry about one hour before works well for me each time. That way the overall heat from the chilli will keep you warm.

Also don't move as soon as you move/fidget the cold will circulate around your body.
Get those liquid gel warmers from the camping shop place them in pockets.

I wear thermal as first layer. Thick pair of pants.
Chest wise t-shirt, hoodie, jacket and big coat. Beenie hat the hoodie hood over my hat.

Fingerless gloves with my hands inside my chest pockets. Head bowed down.
Don't think about the cold or feeling cold as psychologicaly you will feel colder. Think about all you stalking memories.

Works well for me each time.

A good hot curry about one hour before works well for me each time. That way the overall heat from the chilli will keep you warm.

Also don't move as soon as you move/fidget the cold will circulate around your body.
Get those liquid gel warmers from the camping shop place them in pockets.

I wear thermal as first layer. Thick pair of pants.
Chest wise t-shirt, hoodie, jacket and big coat. Beenie hat the hoodie hood over my hat.

Fingerless gloves with my hands inside my chest pockets. Head bowed down.
Don't think about the cold or feeling cold as psychologicaly you will feel colder. Think about all you stalking memories.

Works well for me each time.

I love curries but It would be other "movements" I'd be worried about after a good curry :)

Ian is this for your coming boar outings ?
Plenty layers , good warm hat and a sleeping bag to sit in is what i use
Its unlikely you,l manage all night (hope not if im with you) the thing i would say is that its not how long you sit its usually how quietly
Most boar are shot between 6pm and 9pm with a few between 9pm and 11pm if you get to 11pm and nothings showed up they,ve usually
sussed that your there or just wont going to use rhat feed station
We,v tryed sitting out all night but with poor results
I had an SD member out last night all the way from Mull , hopefully he will do a write -up and post pics (mine were rubbish):D

I back up whatever combination of layers I'm wearing to keep out the cold with an Alpenheat Fire Fleece electrically heated gillet. The battery is light and compact and will last about 3 hours on the highest setting, spares are available, and switching batteries is easy. They're not cheap but they're great insurance against finding that you're under-insulated. At the first sign of your core temperature dropping, switch on, turn it up full (setting #5) and in a few minutes you'll be toasty, at which point you can drop it down to #3 to keep you snug. The gillet should be close-fitting and worn close to the base layer to be most effective. The great thing about it is that you can benefit from it across a wide range of temperatures, from a-bit-chilly to ice-on-your-whiskers. Their heated insoles are good too, especially the wireless ones, though I think Thermacell's Thermasoles are better.

Back