Thread: Harkila Pro Hunter Jacket or Nomad Jacket

Harkila Pro Hunter Jacket or Nomad Jacket

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted peoples advice. I am looking a buying a really good quality jacket for stalking and have been looking at the Harkila Pro Hunter and the Nomad Smock or the Gameshooter Coat and wondered what recommendations people have?

Thanks in advance.

Neil

That's what I was thinking but I just had a couple of guys mentioning the Nomad gear. Cheers for your replies.

I had a Nomad smock about 10 years ago and although it was superbly waterproof and warm, the taped seams all failed after a while and it went so bobbly everything in the field attached to it from small animals to ferns, i was like velcro!

I have had a Pro Hunter Jacket and Trousers since 2007 and although my jacket was replaced under warranty (velcro failed on cuff) i have never had any issue at all and they have performed admirably.

I recall once being stuck in a 2wd Quad in a boggy area in torrential rain and having to dig myself out by hand and being so saturated that i could barley stand but when i stripped off, despite being on my hands and knees in a bog, i was completely dry.

Saying that ive had many a day in my Monsoon smock where i could say the same, albeit it not having the breathability of the Pro Hunter.

Got both and I seem to always grab the smock although too warm to wear anything other than a base layer underneath. Mine is a little bobbly and does have magnetic effect to burs.

got nomad smock and trousers , absolutly bullet proof in the rain , however having bought a pair of prohunter trousers ,i was that impressed i have just bought the prohunter jacket , hopefully hear in the next few days ! nomads are very warm particuly the smock you get a hell of a swet on if walking up steep ground or doing anything hard ,atb from another from Clitheroe !

Cheers for all your replies guys I think I will go for the Pro Hunter set.

Quote Originally Posted by gurus5000 View Post
    Cheers for all your replies guys I think I will go for the Pro Hunter set.
    You'll not regret that ever.