Thread: Online Payments - New Token System advancement in payment gateways.

Online Payments - New Token System advancement in payment gateways.

Hello

Several of the major card payment providers, Sage Pay included, are rolling out the "Token" system or "Single Click payment process", where when you make a purchase you can opt to have card details securely and officially stored by the card payment provider (NOT the retailer as this is prohibited) speeding up the checkout process for your next purchase etc.

We have been asked by Sage Pay/Streamline if we wish to add the facility, so my question is, do you use the new system currently, would you trust it, despite it being assured PCI compliant and being rolled out globally.

Companies like Amazon and Tesco do this already and many of us will use it, but it has to be stressed it is not the retailer that holds the card details but the card payment company.

Its an extra cost for merchants, but if it saves time at the checkout stage, and a target audience i.e you guys, trust it then perhaps we would look at it.

More info here:

Sage Pays Token System and Advancements in Payment Gateways - Metakinetic

Thanks for reading

Regards

Paul

N.B We are fully PCI Compliant and use Sage Pay/Streamline the worlds leading payment provider.

Hi Paul,

I, like many, use Paypal for the convenience and can see no great benefit to myself of the Streamline system, all it appears to do is possibly give the criminals another avenue to explore. I find that buying on-line at checkout I am given a menu of payment methods and always select Paypal, I then have to open Paypal from the window in front of me, my system is configured to automatically insert ID and password, I then click to make payment. Streamline will save me one mouse click and afford the criminals another route to try hacking me.
    Therefore, in a nutshell, Streamline is of no interest to me - probably just another means for the totally honest, highly ethical bankers to reduce your bottom line.

Makes no difference to me either.

The only advantage of PayPal is I don't need my card in my hand to pay for something - easier on a phone

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

we have been using this on paypal for the last 9 months its ok and simple to use
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

I don't mistrust the new system and would use it but would also purchase equivalent goods from a competitor purely because one had Streamline and another didn't. Putting in my card details takes so little time that it doesn't bother me that much, if it did I'd just use PayPal. So I would argue that if I were in your position its another unnecessary overhead (although of course I have no business knowledge whatsoever being a history student).

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Makes no difference to me either.

The only advantage of PayPal is I don't need my card in my hand to pay for something - easier on a phone
    Only problem with OVER phone ,, how do know rock solid 100% who you are giving your card details TO , JUST Feels safer using paypal or Amerson they have
    been using an optional one click system for years