Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tipping

Tipping

Hi

Being new to the world of stalking, I just wanted to check the general etiquette of tipping.

In a few days I am going out on my second stalk. It will be a 3-4 hour afternoon trip in the South, and I was wondering what most people would tip on one of these outings?

Thanks,

Mark

£20 if you want to ,I like to tip pro stalkers some will say don't some will say a bottle .....to go with the other twenty on top of the cupboard ! it's up to you chap there is no written rule if you think they've tried their best and been friendly and you've learnt something why not as with tipping on beaters days you'll get loads of different answers .
    norma

"you'll get loads of different answers "

Well maybe not !!
    Norma

Interesting question here. Do you tip your Lawyer, Doctor, Dentist, MP.? If someone is paid to do a job professionally that is what they should do. Perhaps if they don't do a good job you should with-hold some of the fee!

David.

I have only ever been a guest-Rifle, paying and otherwise, on estates with a salaried stalker. I have always tipped under these circumstances.

If I were paying the stalker/guide himself, rather than paying his employer, I think I would not offer anything further on top of the agreed fees.

What Dalua and Kalahari said. You are paying him to do his job. There is no need for extra money. Unless you are loaded and decided to spread the joy by doing the same to your bus driver, street sweeper, doctor, nurse, super market checkout girl, etc. etc. etc...

I should say it's fine to tip to show appreciation for what is after all a personal service (settle down at the back) especially for those that go out of their way and maybe put a little bit more into it.

I guess it's like a restaurant meal (only the meat is a lot rarer). If your waiter is surly, ignores you for long periods and can't get the order right, you wouldn't leave a tip. But if the waiter is cheerful, attentive enough and enhances the whole experience, tip well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    I should say it's fine to tip to show appreciation for what is after all a personal service (settle down at the back) especially for those that go out of their way and maybe put a little bit more into it.

I guess it's like a restaurant meal (only the meat is a lot rarer). If your waiter is surly, ignores you for long periods and can't get the order right, you wouldn't leave a tip. But if the waiter is cheerful, attentive enough and enhances the whole experience, tip well.
    +1, that sums it up for me too Pedro. Regards, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post

+1 again... £20-£25 per day when the job's well done proved appropriate for me on hinds in the past. ATB
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Thanks for the opinions guys!

Have to say - everyone on SD has been really helpful so far. Always encouraging when you're a newbie to something!

Mark